Extra Chapter 3

Extra Chapter 3

Nothing has changed much on the outside of the Keighton’s residence. Just same old same old. When we got in though, some things were changed. Their wallpapers changed into light orange and their furniture was rearranged in different places. But other than that, it still felt like my second home.

“Penelope, dear!” Ms. Keighton suddenly hugged me. “It’s been a while since I last saw you.”

I chuckled. “Hi, Mrs. Keighton.”

She smiled widely. “So tell me, how’ college going for you?”

I smiled back, but not as wide as hers. “It’s going great. I’m studying really hard.”

“Good for you.” She patted my shoulder.

“Mom!!!” Lau shouted from the kitchen. “I think the chicken’s burnin’!”

“What?!” Mrs. Keighton’s eyes widened. “I worked hard for that chicken!”

She left me without a word as she ran with her hand flailing up in the air. I kind of giggled when she was finally in the kitchen.

“Pel!”  Ughh, another big hug on the go. I turned around and saw Mr. and Mrs. Harper.

“Hi, Mrs. Harper.” I smiled. “Hi Mr. Harper.”

They hugged me both making us seem like having a group hug.

”How are you?” Mr. Harper asked me.

“I’m good.” I nodded, reassuring them. What if I told them that they’re son and I are not really in good terms right now? Well, unless they already know then I don’t have to tell them now should I.

“So this is your last year of college huh.” Mr. Harper grinned at me. “I was wondering if there would be a wedding going on this summer.”

“Huh?” I looked at him with suspicion.

He chuckled and shook his head. “Never mind what I said. Pretend you didn’t hear that.”

I furrowed my eyebrows. “Um…okay.” Maybe the wedding he meant was for Lau and Paul. Oh I would be literally doing the happy dance if Paul proposed.

Mr. and Mrs. Harper left me when they were greeted by my mom and started making conversation. I was left alone again. So instead of just standing there like an idiot, I sat down in one of their red love seats. I decided to fish out my phone and play with a few game to cover up my boredness.

After a few minutes…

“Hey there.” I looked up from my phone and saw Lau sitting beside me.

“Hey.” I answered back as I looked back down at my phone.

“Are you seriously going to be miserable for the rest of the night?”

“I’m not being miserable, okay? I’m just bored. That’s all.” I reassured her.

“Hm.” I could just imagine her smiling smugly. “What you say doesn’t cooperate with what you look like.”

I didn’t reply back since I was too concentrated on the bonus round of the game I was playing.

“Are you seriously playing with zombies right now?” she asked.

“Yeah, why?” I replied, not taking my eyes off the screen.

“Oh nothing. I just figured it’s Danny’s kind of game.” She examined her nails as she spoke.

I paused the game just as I heard his name. “And is it bad to play his kind of game?”