Chapter 32

Chapter 32

~Pel’s POV~

This is extremely embarrassing. Was it because I was late? Do I have something on my face? Is my dress too tight for me? Why are they staring at me? And not just that. Almost the whole male population in the room is staring at me. It’s okay if they’re just girls. But the boys are staring creepily at me as well.

“Don’t mind them, don’t mind them, don’t mind them.” I whispered to myself a multiple of times as I made my way down the flight of stairs

When I reached the bottom of the stairs, everything went back to normal. The people danced again and the different groups chatted with their friends as well but some people still couldn’t take their eyes away from me. Weird people.

“Pel!” someone called out to me. I turned my head to the side only to see Lau, Paul trailing behind her.

“Oh hey.” I greeted them as I waved my hand.

“I thought you were never coming.” She said as she placed a hand on her hip.

“Hey, I wouldn’t let you drag me here all the way from my house. I don’t want any embarrassments happening to me.” I told her.

She chuckled. “Good thing you learn fast.”

I rolled my eyes at her statement.

“Pel, can you please cover your shoulders.” Paul spoke up.

“Huh?” I looked at him with a confused look.

“You’re too exposed.” He simply said. “A lot of guys are staring at you, you know.”

I looked around me and he was right. I’ve seen at least four guys who I caught gaping at me. I then returned my gaze at him. “Since when have you been protective of me?”

“Since now.” He answered in a duh tone. “I don’t want to beat anyone at prom just because someone tried something bad on you.”

I rolled my eyes. “Am I asking you to beat them for me? No, right?”

He didn’t respond.

“And besides, I won’t let anyone do anything to me.” I reassured to him.

“You better, missy.” He said as he pointed a finger at me.

I stuck my tongue at him at the same time he pouted.

“Guys, would you stop arguing? I suggest we should just enjoy the night.” Lau spoke up so that we’d stop.

“Fine.” He rolled his eyes.

After a few moments of silence, the song Treasure by Bruno Mars came on. Everyone cheered as the people on the dance floor increased.

“Oh my gosh, I love this song.” Lau commented. “Come on, guys. Let’s dance.”

I giggled at her enthusiasm as she dragged Paul and I at the middle of the dance floor. Both of them danced together side by side by the time we got there while I was left there partnerless and a bit awkward. This is one reason why I didn’t want to come here in the first place. Sooner or later, I’d be left alone.

As I stood there, I glanced at the couple that was dancing a few feet away from me. Wait, is that Kate and Jay? I tip toed my feet to get a better view of them since the guy in front of me was too tall for my liking. And just like that, my guess was proven correct. It was them. Huh, I didn’t know they were together again.  I guess that’s a good thing. I must say, Jay is better off with Kate. Just think, they’re both evil, they’re both good looking and they’re both popular for the wrong reasons. They are really fit for each other. I really regret those years I was actually head over heels for that guy. And I really regret being jealous with that girl he’s dancing with. I must be crazy back then or just plain oblivious.