Chapter 1

CHAPTER 1

What would you do if you had a crush on the hottest most popular guy in school and also seems to be the most generous and nicest guy you've ever met? Jackpot, right? But then in my case, I wouldn't do anything about it. I'd just let him slip away even if I was already in love with him.

You're probably wondering why.

There I was, lounging and just chilling in my room when my phone suddenly rang. I looked at the caller ID and saw Lau's name. So I answered it.

"Hey, Lau. What's up?" I asked her nonchalantly.

"Uh, h-hey, Pel." she stammered. There was something that wasn't right with her tone. As if something bad happened.

"You seem nervous there."

"Uh sorry about that. News spread really fast and I've come to tell it to you personally before you get to hear it from rumors."

"Well, what is it?"

"It's about Jay Richards." my eyes widened after hearing his name, my one and only crush's name.

"W-what about him?" I asked her, unsure if I wanna know the answer.

"Well, him and Kate Jenkins are officially dating." she said quickly. My jaw dropped on the floor once I heard the words. So, this is it? After all those wishful thinking and daydreaming about him and I getting married someday, this is what I get? A heart break? Well that's completely demoralizing. "Hey, you still there?"

"Uh y-yeah. Just spaced out a little."

"I'm so sorry about this, Pel." she said in a worried tone.

"It's fine, Lau. There are thousands of fish in the sea." I more likely told myself than her.

"But haven't you liked him since you were in first grade?"

"Yeah but then I have to forget about that since he's pretty much got a girl in his heart already."

She just sighed. I could just imagine her shaking her head in dissaproval.

"So are we done? 'Cause I really need an alone time right now." I said as I noticed that my voice was shaking.

"Sure. Call me when you need me okay? And please don't think about doing anything stupid just because of this." she knew that I loved him and that I would do anything just for him. So she was kind scared for me.

"I won't. Now, bye." before she could respond, I hung up. I wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone right now. So I buried my head in my pillow and screamed as loud as I can. All my dreams about him shattered that day.

So what I do now is that I do nothing. I'll just let him slide out of my life and be happy with his pretty little girlfriend who is, by the way, the cheerleading captain who is as popular as him. Well, as much as I don't wanna say it, they look good together. They've got a lot in common. Unlike if you pair me and Jay. We've got everything different. I'm nerdy, he's not. I'm shy, he's not. I'm invisible, he's not. I'm weird, he's not. I wear glasses, he doesn't. I wear nerdy t-shirts (like star wars), he doesn't. And there are still many things we don't have in common. So I really have no chance with him. It's a total 0%.

I grabbed my cellphone and attached my earphones in my ears which I shouldn't have done because then Taylor Swift's You Belong With Me came on playing which caused me to daydream. I imagined myself that I was in Taylor Swift's place and Jay was the guy in the music video. Ughh!!! Curse these feelings. So before I could even have a mental breakdown, I decided to turn off the damn radio and just skidaddle with my computer.

I typed my password then opened my facebook account. You wouldn't really believe this but I only had 6 friends. My mom and dad, my twin brother Paul, Lau, Danny (my guy best friend) and Jay. Yup, I was very invisible indeed.

When I saw one notification, I clicked it and saw the words 'Jay Richards changed his profile picture'. I immediately went to his timeline and when I saw his profile picture, I just couldn't stop my tears from falling (I know, being I'm dramatic right now). It featured him and Kate in a swimming pool, laughing together. I guess he really does like her.

So yeah, I'm giving up, I'm letting go, I'm hopeless.

@@@@@@@@@

Hi! This is the first chapter of my first story here in wattpad. However, I'm not gonna continue it unless I have your approval. You see, there's a tendency that people might not like it. So if I write this and no one likes it, I'm just wasting my time and energy. So please, tell me what you think so I can continue.