Chapter 11

CHAPTER 11

When I woke up the next day, a scorching headache was the first thing I felt. Is this what they say hangover? But I never drank alcohol last night. Then suddenly, a hit of a delicious and delectable aroma entered my room. Now who’s cooking? Nobody cooks breakfast anymore.

I got up from my bed and headed downstairs and to the kitchen. Surprisingly, I saw Paul flipping a pancake. My eyes bulged out of their sockets. He never cooked. In the whole 17 years of my life, I never saw him cook. This, in front of me, is what I call a miracle.

“Uh, what are you doing?” I asked him as I took a seat by the counter.

“Cooking breakfast, ain’t obvious yet?” he answered as he flipped another pancake.

“You never cook.”

“Well, let’s just say that this is a symbol of my congratulations to you.” He grinned.

“Congratulations for what?” I raised my eyebrow.

“For having your first teenage party.”

“Hah, yeah right. It’s not even that fun. It’s…chaotic.” I stated.

He laughed. Then he got a plate from the rack and placed two pancakes on it. Then he put whipped cream and a cherry on top. After that he displayed it in front of me.

“Seriously, why are you doing this?”  I asked as I took a bite. And I have to say, it’s so delicious.

“Can’t a big brother do a nice thing for his little sister?” he cooed.

“First of all, there’s always a catch to every nice thing you do for me. Second of all, I’m not your little sister. We’re twins and have the same birthday and age.” I retorted.

“Well, I am older than you in 10 minutes and 30 seconds.” He crossed his arms and grinned.

“Doesn’t matter. Getting back to the reason why you’re doing all of this.” I gestured to the whole kitchen.

“Fine. I’m gonna tell you.” He rolled his eyes

“Good.” I said as I leaned my chin on my hand.

“Well, there’s this girl.” He took a seat beside me.

“OMG OMG OMG. Paul, you like someone?” I squealed.

“Uh…yeah.” He replied embarrassingly.

“Aww, come here.” I cooed as I gave him a big hug.

“C-can’t b-breathe.” He struggled.

“Oh sorry.” I released him. “So who’s the unlucky girl.” I joked.

“Please don’t joke around like that. I’m not even sure if she might like me back.”

“O c’mon, I’m sure she’ll like you for who you are.” I patted his back. “So who is she?”

“Before I tell you, promise me you won’t tell anyone.”

“Cross my heart, hope to die.” I said, raising my right hand as if to pledge allegiance.

“Ok. It’s…um…It’s…Lau.” He hesitated.

It took long before I realized the name he just said. I swear my jaw dropped on the floor the moment realization came to me.

“L-Lau? A-As in my girl best friend, Lau?” I widened my eyes.

“Y-yeah.”

“Since when?”

“Since when you started allowing her to come over here sometimes.” He answered with a genuine smile, looking out of the kitchen window sentimentally. I guess he really does