Extra Chapter 2

Extra Chapter 2

This is like High school all over again. Danny and I fighting, then we ignore each other, after that we get back together again after a few weeks. At least that’s what I think. For two months now, not weeks but months, I haven’t bothered calling him at all and the same with him—not even one single call. I’ve been making myself busy with homework, projects and grades. Although I’m really tempted to call him, I stop myself since he may not want me to. So now, Christmas has come in our midst without any sign of communication with Danny whatsoever.

“Pel, you ready to head home?” Lau asked as she put the last of her luggage in her car. Yep, she still uses the car she used when she was still in high school. Unfortunately for me, I haven’t got a car…yet.

“Of course.” I said as I adjusted my scarf. It was snowing so it was really cold. I even wore three layers of clothing which made me seem like a walking marshmallow.

So we both went in the car and traveled to our destination. Most of the songs in the radio were all Christmas songs and jingles but we still sang along with them as we moved.

“Wouldn’t it be nice if our group were complete again?” Lau asked in one point of the drive.

“Yeah…” was all I was able to say. She meant her, Paul, Danny and me after all.

“It’s just not the same with even one in our group is gone.”

“Yeah.” I said again.

There was a brief pause, then…

“Don’t you miss him at all?” she suddenly asked with a hint of accusation in her voice.

“What do you mean?” I furrowed my eyebrows.

“You didn’t even bother calling him for two months straight. What kind of girlfriend are you?” she looked at me with disgust.

“Why am I suddenly interrogated here?” I defended myself. “I do miss him, okay? But I don’t want to call him, tell him I miss him and suddenly end up being called a ‘clingy’ girlfriend just because I told him I want him to come back.”

“It’s okay to be called like that, you know?” her voice softened a bit. “If he sees you as the ‘clingy’ girlfriend then that just means you really love him.”

 “He thinks otherwise though.”I sighed. “What’s done is done. He’s probably with another girl by now after our two months of isolation from each other.”

She shook her head. “You have no idea, Pel. You really have no idea how much he loves you too.”

2 Hours later

“Hi mom, hi dad.” I greeted both of my parents as I kissed them both on their cheeks.

“Hello honey.” Mom greeted back as she hugged me.

“Say, how’s college going kiddo?” Dad asked.

“All’s well.” I shrugged. “It’s getting harder and all, but I could manage.”

“Hmm,” he hummed thoughtfully. “Well, you better get unpacked. We’re gonna have our Christmas dinner at the Keightons.”

I snapped my head to him. “We’re eating at Lau’s?”

“Yes, dear.” Mom answered. “They insisted.” At least I’m going to spend Christmas with one of my best friends. Not to mention, Paul’s going to be extremely happy about this.

“Okay then.” I nodded towards them as I headed to my old room. “Oh by the way, has Paul come home yet?”

“He’s in his room.” She replied.

I went upstairs and threw my suitcase on my bed. Then I went straight to Paul’s room. Once I got there, I caught him playing with his old Xbox.

“Hmm, so that old Xbox of yours has more of your attention than your sister who hasn’t seen you for ages?” I smirked.

“Pel!” he shouted in delight as he stood up from his position, threw the controller on his bed and rushed towards me for a hug. “Am I glad to see you?”

I giggled. “I’m glad to see you too, bro.”

He pulled away but remained his hands on both of my shoulders. “What happened to you? Whenever Lau and I are gonna meet up, you don’t come along.”

“Yeah I know.” I shook my head. “I’ve just been a lot busy lately. This is the last year of college and you know how it gets complicated by this time.”

He chuckled. “I know right.”

“So how you doing? College, especially.” I tried starting up a conversation as we both sat by the bed.

“It’s all fine. My professors don’t hate me that much.” He joked.

I laughed. “Now that’s a surprise.”

He chuckled the second time, but immediately became sober again. “This isn’t really the topic we should be talking about right now you know?”

I rolled my eyes. “What then?”

“You pretty well know what, Pel.” He gave me that concerned look Lau had been giving me the past few days. I don’t want anyone’s pity when it comes to these relationship problems. It’s life. It’s normal we fight sometimes.

“I don’t wanna talk about it, okay?” I said in a rather dragging tone.

“Lau told me you haven’t talked to him for 2 months straight after that incident. Are you going to relive high school again?” he raised an eyebrow at me.

“What, he hasn’t bothered to call me either. So the feeling’s mutual.” I crossed my arms on my chest.

 “Which explains why you two are both so stubborn.” He sighed.  “But I guess that’s why you too are so compatible with each other. You two are both similar.”

I looked out at the window, not wanting to meet my twin brother’s gaze.

“Are you going to waste your 5 year relationship just because of a stupid, irrelevant fight?” he continued.

 “I regret everything the minute I hit that ‘end call’ button I admit that. I still miss him until now. I still love him until now.” I sighed as I kept my eyes on the window. “But it’s too late now. After that one mistake I made, he’s probably with another girl r--”

“He’s never gonna do that.” He immediately cut me off.

“How are you so sure?” I turned my head to him.

He smiled. “I just know.”

Just then, I realized I had tears flowing from my eyes. So I quickly dried them off with my sleeves. “Why the heck are we talking about melancholy things? It’s Christmas for pete’s sake. We should be talking about happy stuff.”

“Hmm, you’re right.”

“Especially you, since we’re going to have dinner at you’re girlfriend’s house tonight.” I smirked at him.

His eyes glinted instantly as his cheeks flushed. “Really?”

“You didn’t know?” I raised an eyebrow at him.

“No.”

I smiled smugly at him. “Well, now you know.”

We both went out of his room since our parents called out to us. Eventually, we needed to head to the Keighton’s  residence.

Once I was in the family car, I just realized that I forgot to unpack.

@@@@@@@@@@@@

So this is basically the second to the last of the extra chapters. I hope you enjoyed this one though. I really missed writing Pel and Danny. No doubt on that. So what do you think's gonna happen? Do you think their high school relationship is going to be over? Was it just a high school mistake that they got together or there's more to it than that?

Vote and Comment <3 

-Aggie