Chapter 29

Chapter 29

~Danny’s POV~

“Dude, you have to make a move.” Paul nagged.

“Can you stop nagging me and focus on the game?” I reprimanded him as I pushed the buttons on my controller.

“I’m just saying. You’re losing time, Danny.” he sighed.  “She’s starting to assume that you don’t want her anymore as that. She even told me that’s it’s okay if you two just went back to being to being friends and nothing more. Do you want that?”

He’s been nagging me all night about this as we played video games. He’s been irritating me the moment we turned on the game. Apparently, we moved video game night this Saturday since he was busy last night asking Lau to be his girlfriend and all. He said he wanted it all to be perfect for the moment. It was perfect alright.

“I’m still not ready, Paul.” I simply told him, not bothering to look at him as I continued to look at the TV screen.

“Then when will you be ready? When you’re 53?” he joked.

“Ugh.” I groaned, a bit annoyed.

“Do you want Pel to be your girlfriend or not?” he asked, pausing the game and faced me.

“Of course I do.” I told him immediately. I wanted that more than anything in the world right now. Heck, I’d even be the happiest person living on earth the day she finally becomes mine.

“Then what are you waiting for?”

“For the right time, okay?” I reassured him.

“And when is that?” he cocked an eyebrow at me.

Now that I thought about it, when is the right time? Will it come to me automatically or I’d have to find it out myself? Ugh, why is this so hard?

“Would you stop talking about this lovey dovey nonsense and let me beat you at this game now?” I changed the subject.

“Hah, as if I’d let you.” He smirked as he played the game.

“Even if you don’t, I still can.” I shrugged.

“We’ll see about that.” He said smugly. “But don’t think you’ll be able to change the subject that easily the next time we talk about this.”

~Pel’s POV~

Here I am lying on my bed with nothing else to do. Just listening to music in my IPod. To say I’m bored is an understatement. I can’t call Lau since she had to attend this dinner thing with her mom in some kind of expensive restaurant. And I can’t call Paul or Danny either since tonight is there Video game night. So here I am, completely lifeless.

Where have all my friends gone to? Have they all abandoned me?

Get a grip, Pel. Their world doesn’t revolve around you. They’ve got a life too you know. Yeah, yeah. I know. It’s just that…I feel so lonely.

Aww, do you want Danny to cuddle with you? Don’t you dare start.

You’re in denial. Stop it, will ya!? You’re making me over think.

I closed my eyes to stop my inner self from annoying me as I also turned the IPod’s volume louder so nothing would distract me. My foot started flicking from side to side, going along with the beat. But I guess that wasn’t enough for me.