Chapter 18

A/N: I don’t usually put author’s notes on the beginning but I just wanted to tell you about the bold and italicized sentences just so they wouldn’t confuse you. The italicized sentences is the inner self of the character while the bold/italicized sentences is the character answering back to his/ her inner self. That’s pretty much it, ENJOY!!! Oh and thanks if you’ve ever gotten this far in reading this story. I really appreciate it – I’m gonna stop irritating you now. *giggles*

Chapter 18

~ Pel’s POV ~

“So where are we going?” I asked Jay as I smiled nervously.

“It’s a surprise.” He grinned back as he turned the car to a street

“Can’t wait.” I fake laughed. Then he turned on the radio to make the tension of the atmosphere more comfortable. From there we stayed silent, the song Yellow by Coldplay being the only source of sound. And so I just leaned my head on my hand and froze my gaze on the window – admiring the surroundings we were passing by.

You wouldn’t believe this but I am quite nervous. I mean, what if I embarrass myself in front of him? I know I should be happy and ecstatic right now but for some reason, I‘m not. Probably because I couldn’t put my mind out of what Danny said earlier. He couldn’t possibly like Lau, right? They just… they just don’t look right.

Am I sensing that Pel is jealous? My inner self concluded. Why the heck would I be jealous? I’ve got everything I’ve always wanted right here beside me.

Yeah right. As if I’d believe you. What are you saying?

Oh you pretty well know what I’m saying, Penelope Hillary Myers! Whoa, wait are you saying I like Danny?

Yes, you dimwit! What!? I couldn’t possibly like him. I mean he’s my best friend. He’s practically like a brother to me.

*shakes head* Keep denying, Pel. But someday, you’re going to regret your actions. Well maybe I won’t. *stomps feet and pouts*

You’re probably thinking that I’m an absolute retard right now, seeing that I’m talking to myself. Sorry ‘bout that but my inner self gets to outsmart me sometimes. <-- Correct that. It’s always, not sometimes. Would you shut up!

“We’re here.” Jay suddenly spoke, waking me up from my argument with my inner self.

“Oh right.” I snapped my head to look at him, smiling nervously.

He got out of the driver’s seat and ran to my side. Then he opened the door for me and grabbed my hand to help me out of the car. Ah his warm hand is just what I needed from all the stress and drama. It just wipes it all away. Hah take that, inner self. And you say I like Danny better than Jay. Whatever.

Wow, I am a major retard. I agree. Quit it.

We walked in the doors and in cue, a waitress walked in front of us. “May I help you?” she asked. Then I suddenly noticed her eyeing Jay like a piece of meat. What the heck? Couldn’t she see that he’s with a girl here? I think she’s gone mental.

“Uh yeah. Reservation for Richards.” Jay answered nervously. I think he noticed what the waitress has been doing too.

“Follow me.” She said seducingly, as if she’s attractive enough. Just look at her obvious artificial blonde hair, uneven tan and artificial puffy cheeks. She’s a complete mess.