Chapter 5

CHAPTER 5

"Guys, why am I even included in this stupid plan of yours?" Danny complained as he crossed his arms and just stood still while Lau and I tried our best to push him inside the shop. Apparently, we weren't strong enough to even make him move an inch.

"Come on, Danny. You do wanna help Pel, right?" Lau asked him.

"I do. Just not like this." he answered. "Isn't there any other way?"

"No. Now would you just get in?" Lau resumed her pushing.

"I won't. I'm staying out here." he stomped his foot. "Can't you just find another guy?"

"Danny, you know pretty well that you're our only guy friend." she pointed out.

"Yeah. But I just can't do it."

Danny seemed hopeless. He's never gonna help me. I mean, why would he do something for me anyway? I'm just an invisisble, worthless, piece of crumpled paper.

The two of them still kept on bickering when I finally spoke out for the first time in the hour. "Guys, stop. Danny, I'm not gonna force you. If you don't want, it's okay. I mean, Jay still wouldn't recognize me even if we continue on this plan. I'm too invisible to be seen anyway." I frowned. "So yeah. I think I'm gonna go now."

That was the last thing I said, then I walked away and left them in front of the shop. I was a bit far away now when I heard my name being called and fast footsteps came from behind me. I turned around when I saw Danny running towards me.

"Pel, I'm sorry." he said while suddenly hugging me tightly.

"Danny?" I asked in shock. Then I pulled away and looked at him. "What do you mean?"

"I have been selfish." he bowed his head, ashamed of what he had done.

"It's okay, Danny. I've been selfish too." I smiled at him to lighten up his mood.

"It's not that. You've been in love with this guy long enough. I have to help you somehow."

"You don't have to if you don't want to."

"Oh come on." he said as he punched my shoulder lightly. "Best friends sacrifice themselves just for each other. What kind of a best friend am I if I can't do that?"

"You're really gonna help me?" my eyes glinted with hope.

"Yeah, I guess so." he scratched his head, a bit unsure of the answer. "As long as I'm not gonna be humiliated, that is."

"I promise, you won't." I raised my hand as if I was about to pledge allegiance.

"Okay, okay. I'm in" he responded readily like a little boy who had pure excitement on his face.

"Well, we should tell Lau then." I said as I grabbed his hand and led him back to the shop.

🔹🔹🔹

We have been in the mall for 2 hours now just shopping for Danny's clothes and accessories. So I guess you're now wondering what the plan is. The reason behind all of this. Well, we decided to change his look into a jock, bad boy type. At first he didn't agree with it but gave in anyway. Then he's gonna try out for football. I've seen him many times play that sport and he's very good at it. He just didn't wanna show it because he was shy. When he's popular enough (Yes, the plan is to get him popular) because of his good looks and excellence in football he's gonna befriend Jay, then he'll introduce me, then we'll become friends, then we'll start hanging out, and then he'll start liking me and then...Okay, okay, I've predicted too much. Maybe these things won't even go as planned, but it's worth a shot.