Chapter 9

CHAPTER 9

"You've been invited to a party?!" Lau exclaimed.

"Um...yeah." Danny hesitantly answered.

"Why didn't you tell us earlier?" she asked.

"I'm not going." he stated.

It's been 4 days now after the Haunted house incident, and I have to tell he's been getting real popular since then. He even has lesser time for me and Lau 'cause he's busy practicing for football. And one more thing, the populars started hanging out with him which leaves me and Lau completely O.P. So we had to part ways.

"Are you serious? You've been hanging out with the populars and you're not going? What a waste." she shook her head behind the steering wheel.

"I don't belong there, okay? I belong in the study world." he crossed his arms as he leaned his back on the back seat.

"He's got a point, Lau. Maybe this plan's gone too far." I butted in. "I mean, we're turning Danny into a completely different person here."

"A hot guy like him shouldn't belong in the study world." she argued.

"Well, that is where he came from after we turned him into a hot guy."

"And excuse me, guys. I'm not in any way, hot." he added.

"Pshhh, stop underestimating yourself, Danny." Lau protested. "You belong up there and we're trying to help you see that."

"Well, I don't need your help. I don't even want to belong up there."

"Tut, tut. Enough about this conversation. About that party, you're going." she commanded.

"What?! You're not the boss of me." he argued.

"Don't worry. Pel will come along."

"What?!" I said, surprised. "Since when did I started attending parties? I'm not even welcome in these kinds of events."

"Danny is with you."

"So?" I asked her.

"He's like your gatepass to the party. By the way, when is it?"

"Tonight, at 11:00. I'm not even allowed to get out at that time." Danny said.

"We can persuade Mr. and Mrs. Harper easily." Lau grinned.

"What about you, Lau? Aren't you gonna come?" I asked her.

"Nah. Since today's Friday, me and my mom are gonna have a little trip to my grandma's house tonight."

"Tonight? Why not tomorrow?" I suggested.

"She planned it, not me."

"You know, you're so freaking lucky you don't have to come with us to the party." Danny commented.

"I know." she grinned.

"And who's gonna help me choose what to wear? I'm never good at that stuff. I might look like a hobo in that party again." I said.

"I'll come to your house early."

"Ughh!!!" I groaned. "Please explain to me why I have to come?"

"Because I'm pretty sure Jay would be there." she simply stated.

"So? I'm sure Kate would be there too. Clinging on his arm like a slave." I crossed my arms.

"Stop minding Kate. Focus on Jay." she said.

"I don't think I want to continue this plan anymore." I blurted.

"What? Why? I thought you wanted to get Jay."