Chapter 24

Chapter 24

“Will you be my girlfriend?” he asked. Once I had heard his words, I pulled back from leaning my forehead on his and looked at him with clear shock on my expression.

“Um…” I trailed off, not really sure of what I should answer. Yes or no. Either of them are the only options, Pel. I know. But it’s not easy to choose. I fell silent and thought for a while. Once I had decided, I sighed and finally opened my mouth to say my answer. Although, the moment was interrupted when Paul entered my room…without knocking.

“Oh there you are. What are you two doing here?” Paul asked his tone lacing with suspicion.

I sighed in irritation. “If you’re thinking that we’re doing something…s-something unusual, we’re not. Okay? Danny here was just helping me do my homework.”

He gave us a smug look. “Hm, well if you say so.”

“Please knock before you enter my room next time, will you? You’re disturbing us.” I reminded him.

“Fine, fine.” He rolled his eyes.

“What are you doing here anyway?”

“Mom asked me to check up on you. You know, to make sure you weren’t doing…” he trailed off, not wanting to finish his sentence.

“Ugh, I get it.” I scrunched up my nose in disgust. “Well, tell mom not to worry about it. We have no intention in doing…y-you know what.”

He chuckled. “Okay.”

“Now will you please leave? We’re busy doing homework.” I deepened my tone again as I said the word ‘homework’.

“Will do.” He mock saluted. Then he left and shut the door again.

When I glanced back at Danny, I saw him putting on his sneakers. Is he leaving? “W-What are you doing?”

“Pel, I have to go. I forgot something that I had to do.” he said, his face blank.

“But w-what about—“ he cut me off.

“Look, just pretend that I didn’t say anything, okay?” he told me, his tone a bit angry.

I hesitated about saying something so I just said a stuttering “Oh um O-Okay.”

*********************************************

2 days later.

“Lau, I’m getting scared. Danny’s avoiding me again.” I told my dearest friend worriedly as we were in the library. Technically she wasn’t reading since she was busy texting Paul. Yup, they’re text mates.

“What happened to you two anyway?”

“H-He just…” I trailed off. Now that I thought about it, I haven’t really told anybody including her, the events that had happened last Sunday. No to mention how the date went too.

She seemed to have noticed that I had stopped talking since she snapped her head up from her phone and stared at me intently which caused me to bite my lip. “Uh-oh. There’s something you’re not telling me.”

I nodded embarrassingly.

“Ugh Pel, I’ve noticed you haven’t been telling me a lot of things lately.” She sighed. “In fact, you haven’t even told me how your date went last Saturday.”

“It was great, I tell you.” I answered. “It was a very romantic date. Even better than that date I had with Jay.”

“Ooh. Details.” She squealed excitedly. The librarian shushed us which cause us to giggle a little bit when she wasn’t looking anymore.