Chapter 25

Chapter 25

~Danny’s POV~

I was heading towards my English class when Jay caught up with me.

“Hey, dude.” He greeted.

“Oh, hey Jay.” I greeted back.

“I haven’t seen you these past few days other than football practices.” He brought up.

“Ah. I’m getting pretty busy lately.” I lied. Two reasons why I’m not hanging out with him anymore: 1) I’ve been busy spending time with Pel, 2) I don’t need to be friends with him anymore since Pel doesn’t like him anymore. After all, I never liked him the first time I heard his name being spat out of Pel’s mouth.

“Aw, too bad.” He patted my back sympathetically. “Tell you what; the whole football team is having a party at my house. Why don’t you come along? I mean, you are a member after all.”

“Um…” I trailed off, not having any idea of what to answer.

“Don’t worry. You can invite some of your best friends.” He wiggled his eyebrows. He’s got a weird way of saying the word ‘best friend’. Like, he was suggesting a certain best friend of mine to come to the party.

“Um…I guess I’ll have to think about it.” I replied sheepishly, trying to hide my anxiousness.

“Cool.” He said as he held out his hand, waiting for a fist pump. I returned the gesture, and then he walked away.

Once he was long gone, I let out a sigh. Instead of stressing over the conversation we previously had, I just proceeded to class. Studies are pretty much more important than that anyway.

***************************

“Danny!” someone called out as I went out of the English class. I turned around and saw Lau. Ah, the Ms. Gossip girl of our team as usual.

“ Yo, Lau.” I greeted.

“Since when do you greet me with a yo?” She asked as she walked towards me.

“Uh, since now.” I said in a duh tone.

She rolled her eyes. “Look, Pel wants to know why you’re avoiding her again.”

“I have my reasons okay?” I answered, annoyed. One reason why I’m practically avoiding her is because I’m embarrassed. I don’t know why I asked that question to her Last Sunday. It just…slipped. I knew right away that she was going to reject me and I can’t stand hearing those words coming out from her. Good thing Paul barged in her room or else I would’ve died just then because of total rejection.

“What reasons?” she pushed further as she placed both of her hands on her hips.

“Just…reasons.”

“Danny, she told me everything.” She informed me. “And I was kind of surprised of what you asked her the other day.”

“She told you that?” I asked but this time my gaze was on the ground.

“Yep.” I can’t see her but I sure as hell imagine her grinning from ear to ear.

“And?”

“I was just wondering. Why did you leave without her answering your question?” she asked as she grabbed my chin and pulled it up slowly so that I was looking at her again.

“I was nervous okay?” I told her sheepishly.

“Nervous?” she looked at me with an Are-you-serious! Look. “Why would you be nervous?”