Chapter 3

CHAPTER 3

Beepbeep, beepbeep.

My alarm clock sang. And believe me, it really wasn't a music to my ears. Sometimes, I even think it wants to kill me purposely because of its very annoying sound which can be heard from all over the house.

I lazily got up from my bed and turned off the dreadful sound of the alarm. Then I stumbled straight to my bathroom to take a shower. And there goes the start of my morning routine.

Once the water hits my sleeping body, my lazy state faded and was replaced by energy. Ah, now that's more like it. After spending a few more minutes in the shower, I finally grabbed my towel and wrapped it around me. Then I went out of the bathroom and went to my closet. I scanned all my clothes, deciding what I'm going to wear for the day. In the end, I chose a black shirt with a printed white scorpion on it and a pair of faded jeans. I combed my hair a bit and threw it on a messy bun. Lastly, I put on my glasses and slung my school bag around my body. Done!

I headed out of the house and went to the house next door. Did I mention that Danny and I were next door neighbors? Well, now you know. Paul and I always went to the Harper Family's house to get some breakfast. Our parents always went to work early so that's why they can't prepare food for us. Since the Harpers insisted for us to join them, we gladly accepted their offer. And I guess that did add up to our friendship, Danny and I.

Once I got in the house, which by the way I didn't knock to, I shouted, "I'm here!"

"We're in the kitchen, sweety." Mrs. Susan Harper called up to me. I knew they were there, but I didn't want to be rude and just walk up there without being summoned. So yeah, I went to the kitchen and sat at my usual spot on the counter.

"Good morning Susan, George." I greeted as I nodded to Danny's parents. They just nodded back. "Where's Danny?" I noticed he was still not on his usual spot, so I had to ask.

"Oh, he's still in the shower, dear. He got up a little late." Susan informed me.

"That kid really needs to lay off the studies a little. He's been pretty much studying the whole night in his room again." George barged in. Sometimes, I feel like Danny was nerdier than I am. And I feel really jealous.

"Is that so?" I grinned mischievously. "Maybe I should go to his room and reprimand him then."

"You do that." George and Susan said in unison. After noticing what they had done, they giggled a bit. I just shook my head as I smiled, then climbed up the stairs heading straight to Danny's room.

Being the rude girl I am, I went inside his room without knocking. Consequence is I saw Danny completely shirtless which exposed his six pack. And might I add, he never knew he had a strong build.

"Oh my Gosh, I'm so sorry." I gasped as I immediately went out of his room. I was actually fighting off the temptation to drool on him. Curse me and my hormones.

After a few moments of waiting outside, his door finally opened. "You can come in now." he said.

"Phew. Sorry for barging in your room like that." I said as I walked in.

"Next time, learn how to knock." he suggested. He was now wearing a pair of black jeans, a green turtle necked shirt and of course his glasses. And he also waxed his hair flat. Thank you God, for he has clothes now. "So what brings you here?"

"Um...uh..." my mind was still on the time when he was still naked so I can't really concentrate.

"Hello?" he exclaimed while waving a hand in front of my face.

"Oh yeah, sorry. Um...you're parents told me you studied the whole night again." I stated while going back to my senses. To make me look more serious and scary, I crossed my arms on my chest and stomped my foot.