Chapter 10

CHAPTER 10

After a few minutes of riding around town, we finally arrived at the party. And believe it or not, Danny parked in front of a huge mansion. It looked like a hotel. I bet the guy who owns this is filthy rich. 'Of course he is, dimwit. Why would he have a mansion if he's not.' I told myself.

"Wow, this place is big." I commented.

"I know right. Monty's pretty rich." he told me.

"This is Monty's place? As in Jay's best friend?" I knew Monty too. He and Jay were the best of friends and the two of them were inseparable. Wherever Jay was, he was there too. ISure I heard people say that he was rich, but not this rich.

"Yep. So you wanna go in?"

"I-i'm nervous."

"Don't be. Just follow my lead, okay?" I just nodded. I carefully got out of the car and closed the door behind me. I started walking down the path towards the entrance when Danny caught up with me. He wrapped his arm around my waist once again to support me from falling and dragged me with him.

When we got to the front door he knocked three times and after a few seconds, the door opened and Monty appeared from behind it. He had black shaggy hair and a fair skin. For his outfit, he wore a pair of sneakers and black pants for the bottom and on top was a black and white checkered, buttoned up shirt.

"Oh hey, Danny." he greeted.

"Hey, Monty." he greeted back as they did a fist pump.

"Who's this pretty lady?" he turned his gaze to me. For some reason, I felt intimidated. He was looking at me like he just saw his prey or something.

"Uh, this is my best friend Pel." Danny introduced me. Monty grabbed my right hand. I thought we were just going to shake hands, but instead he kissed my hand.

"Nice to meet you, Pel." he said, his mouth hovering over my hand.

"Um...nice to meet you too, M-monty." I stuttered as I tried to free my hand from his grip.

"Well, come in. I hope you guys enjoy the party." as he opened the door fully, the music came booming loud. I swear, if the time comes when this party is over, I'll buy a hearing aid right after.

As we entered the so called 'Mansion', a whole lot of eyes came darting in our direction. "Haha. I thought Danny and Lau said they wouldn't recognize me. I wonder what's happening now?" I mumbled to myself.

"Oh my gosh. Ist that Daniel Harper? We have got to say hello." I heard a girl say to her friend.

"OMG OMG OMG, It's Daniel Harper!" Another girl squealed.

So I guess they really didn't recognize me. They just saw Danny, that's why they started reacting. 'Don't worry, Pel. They wouldn't know.' I told myself

He smiled at me amusingly to maybe tell me that it was going to be okay but as if on cue, a large crowd of girls started to form around him. A mad girl even pushed me away just to get near him.

I just stood there, watching as Danny was being swooned by his admirers. I couldn't stop giggling. It's only been days since his popularity rating grew, of course more girls would come. 'Oh Danny, this is only the beginning.' I thought to myself as I shook my head and smiled.

While the girls kept on coming in his direction, his eyes started searching around the room. When his eyes finally met mine he simply mouthed, "You owe me, Big time"

In response, I just stuck my tounge out at him and walked away. While I was walking across the room, I had witnessed a lot of dirty things. People making out on a couch, a guy groping on a drunk girl's body, and many more. I even ended up wanting to close my eyes, but then I wouldn't be able to see where I'm going.