Chapter 12

CHAPTER 12

~Danny's POV~

"Oh man. I shouldn't have told Lau what I felt for Pel." I muttered to myself as I paced back and forth in my room.

Lau and I were doing our partner project in English Lit. the other day when she asked me a question.

"Hey, Danny. How come you never tell us the girl you like?"

"Ughh...you too?" I asked as I typed some words in my computer.

"Hah, Pel's also been nagging you about this?" she smirked.

"Yeah." I shook my head as I smiled.

"Well why won't we make a deal? I say who I like and you say who you like." she challenged as she crossed her arms on her chest.

"Hah, now way. I'm not taking that risk." I chortled, continuing to write about our project.

"Oh come on, Danny. What is so bad about telling who your crush is?" she whined.

"I promised myself I wouldn't tell anyone."

"Well, that's a stupid thing to promise to yourself." after those words, it became silent for a moment. Suddenly she spoke again. "Aha!"

"What did you find?" I said as I turned my chair around, taking my eyes of off the computer.

"I can see that Mr. Daniel Harper is hiding a diary under his bed." she grinned evilishly as she waved my journal in the air while sitting on my bed.

"How did you find that!?" I asked her, a bit shocked...and scared I must say. I ran to her and tried to get my journal back but she just pulled it higher. "Lau, give me that back."

"Make me." she challenged. Before I knew it, she took a run for it. Then she went inside my bathroom and locked the door.

"Lau, don't read that. Please." I begged as I hit the door with my hands. I was obviously panicking. I don't want anyone to find out who I liked 'cause it would be awkward for everyone, especially if that someone you liked is clearly your best friend.

"And why wouldn't I?" she laughed. I could just hear her flipping the pages of my personal life. Aww man, this is completely embarassing.

I lost hope for her not to find out. So I just sat on the floor, leaning my back against my bathroom door as I waited for her to come out and tell me that I like Pel.

"AHHH!!! OMG OMG OMG!!!" she squealed. I immediately stood up from my sitting position and hit the door with my hands again.

"W-What is it? What did you see?" I asked her in paranoid way.

The door suddenly opened, revealing an excited and at the same time tearful Lau. Uhh, what did she actually read in my journal?

"Why are you crying?" I asked her, giving her a concerned look.

"What you wrote here was really sweet." she sniffed.

"Uhh...thanks?" It was more of a question than a sign of gratitude. I wasn't even sure what she read. " Uhh, question. What DID you read?"

She chuckled."That you like Pel and you would do anything to make her happy. Even if it means that you have to help her get Jay." with those words she said, she started crying again.

"Why are you crying then?" I took out my handkerchief from my pocket and wiped away her tears from her cheeks and eyes.

"Because it's so damn sweet that's why!" she blurted.

"And?" I smirked.

"Oh come on, Danny. You know I'm a hopeless romantic." she chuckled while rolling her eyes. Without warning, she he hit my arm hard with my journal.