Chapter 18

A/N:This is the last chapter guys! The next book will be up soon. I'll probably post an A/N chapter with the deets. Love you all! :)

Lexi's POV

As Harry and I were leaving Hogwarts together, Dumbledore pulled us aside.

"Harry, I'm afraid you won't be able to go home with Lexi anymore. Since Voldemort is on the loose, we can't risk you being found by him and being unprotected," Dumbledore explained.

"But he won't be unprotected. He'll be staying with a pack of wolves," I replied.

"Wolves that, even with their strength and speed, are no match for Voldemort."

"Then where is a safe place for Harry to stay?" I questioned, annoyed, but mostly sad, that Harry wasn't coming home with me.

"Harry's mother protected him as an infant with her love. That same protection passes down through blood so--"

"I have to stay with the Dursleys," Harry finished. My jaw dropped open in shock.

"What! He can't stay with them! They treat him so badly!" I exclaimed.

"But it's the only way he'll stay safe from Voldemort. I have contacted them and they agreed to let you stay with them," 

I had to accept the fact that Harry wasn't going to come home with me. We wouldn't be able to sit on the couch watching soppy romance filming while making out, or cuddling each other when we were scared, or playing soccer together. All that wouldn't happen again. This brought tears to my eyes as I quickly grabbed my suitcase, turned and walked towards the castle's exit quickly.

"Lexi, wait!" Harry called. "What's wrong?"

"What do mean, what's wrong?!" I nearly yelled at him. "I won't see you for the whole holidays and we'll be on opposite sides of the world. It's not fair."

"Life's not fair. But once Voldemort's dead and gone, we can find our own place somewhere and live together with no worries whatsoever. And anyway, we can write to each other every day,"

"Promise you'll write to me?" I asked, tears now streaming down my face.

"Promise. I love you, Lexi," Harry said, pulling me into his arms.

"I love you more," I replied, before he released me from his arms and we went to board the train together.

~*~

It was exceptionally hard to leave Harry. Even he was crying as we parted ways and went to our separate families.

As I arrive home, everyone could tell I was changed, different.

"Lexi, what's wrong? You're never this quiet," Mum asked. 

"Harry can't be here anymore," I cried.

"Why not? Is it because we're wolves?"

I shook my head. "No, he's not safe here. Long story short, he can only stay with his aunt's family because there's a special protection for him there," I explained.

Mum embraced me and kissed my forehead.

"You'll be fine. You'll see Harry again before you know it,"

"Yeah, I guess," What Harry said to me suddenly popped into my head. "You want to know what Harry told me before we left Hogwarts?"

Mum nodded, smiling.

"He said that when Voldemort's gone for good, we can get a house somewhere and live together, without a worry,"

"That's so sweet of him. You two are the cutest, you know. Your relationship is very special. Don't forget that. You and Harry are made to be together. I trust him with my only daughter, my daughter who is getting older everyday,"

"Thanks Mum. I love you," I hugged my mum tightly.

"I love you too, Lexi. I always have and I always will,"