Chapter 9

Lexi's POV

I think word must've got around to teachers because we were waiting to enter the Room of Requirement. Umbridge was on a stake-out. Like we were just going to walk out of there.

Umbridge went around the corner and I gave a hand signal for everyone to follow me. Just as we reached the entrance, I heard the clacking of heels on the floor of the corridor.

"Ha! Found you all. You are in a tremendous amount of trouble," She smiled evilly.

"What are you going to do? Make us write out lines with that stupid blood quill? I could get you fired for torture, you know," I used my sarcasm which I inherited from my father. Umbridge looked shocked at me, mouth open and everything.

"How dare you speak to me like that, you little--" Umbridge was fuming.

"Brat? Diva? What are you going to do? Go running to your little Ministry friends. Just give us the punishment already. My feet hurt from standing so long," I liked acting like a bitch, especially towards Umbridge. Everyone else supposedly did too because I heard giggling behind me.

"Come with me, all of you. We're going to Professor Dumbledore," She strutted up, grabbed my ear and dragged me forward.

This was physical abuse and it was utterly humiliating. I was being dragged along the hall by my ear, Umbridge's long, pink fingernail digging into the skin of my ear. As we walked past other students in the hallway, they looked strangely at us like we murdered people or something.

"Can you, like, loosen your grip on my ear? It's hurting and I think your nail is making my ear bleed,"

"Shut up, you spoilt, little she-devil," We entered Dumbledore's office where he and McGonagall were standing. They turned and looked at Umbridge, then moving to my ear which she still held tightly.

"Dolores, what is the meaning of this?" McGonagall demanded, motioning her hand towards me.

"These students were caught trying to enter to Room of Requirement to practice defensive spells. This student was back-chatting me and being very disrespectful,"

"Let her go, Dolores," She reluctantly let my ear go, not before digging her nail even further into my ear first, probably leaving a permanent indentation, "Do you have any proof that these students were doing magic in the Room of Requirement?"

"Well...um...not exactly,"

"Then you are in no position to punish these children, or drag a child by the ear,"

"Fine!" Umbridge turned and stormed out of the office. "I'll see what the Ministry thinks of this!"

"Bitch," I mumbled under my breath.

"What was that, Ms Black?" Umbridge questioned me, a fiery glare staring me down.

"Nothing, Professor Umbridge," I said in my most innocent voice possible, an sweet smile plastered on my face to mock her.

After Umbridge was well away from the room, I burst out laughing, followed by everyone else.

"You may leave my office, students," Dumbledore dismissed us.