Chapter 3

Lexi's POV

Dumbledore announced that we have a new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher, Dolores Umbridge. She was a reasonably old, pink-obsessed she-demon.

And we had to have her for our next class. Great.

"Now, in this class, you will not be performing any spells. We will be learning theory from the textbook,"

"Won't it be more beneficial to learn practical spells instead of reading books all of class?" I asked, plastering an innocent look on my face. Umbridge looked annoyed at me.

"No it won't. Next time, I would advise not interrupting, Ms...." Umbridge's annoying voice was going to be the death of me.

"Black. Lexi Black." I answered.

"Now class, turn to page 54 of your textbo--"

"What about when Voldemort comes? Will we protect ourselves with books?" I stood up, adrenaline coursing through my veins. I needed to prove a point.

"Voldemort is not coming back any time soon, Ms Black. Take you seat," She ordered.

"Voldemort is back and he's out there somewhere! We need to learn practical defensive skills to protect ourselves!"

"Take your seat. Now."

"Voldemort is back! Lexi saw him!" Gasps erupted in the class as Harry spoke up and defended me. Everybody started whispering questions.

"QUIET!" Umbridge was highly flustered. "You two, my office after class,"

Oh shit. We're screwed.

~*~

Seriously? Umbridge was making us write lines on a piece of paper. They did that at Muggle schools; I thought they'd have a better idea for punishment.

But as I started writing the lines, the inside of my arm started to throb. I tutned my arm over to see the word I've written on the paper appear on my arm, like the words were cut into my skin. Seeing me look from the quill to my arm in confusion, Umbridge devilishly explained.

"It's a blood quill. Whatever you write on that paper ends up imprinted on your arm. Now, continue writing before I have to do it myself. I looked over to Harry who was continuously writing, but clenching his arm into a fist, obviously in pain.

I decided to go with the tactic of writing as quick as I could to get it over and done with.

I was going to kill Umbridge.