Chapter 1

Lexi's POV

"Remember, you two, be polite," Mrs Weasley reminded us. We nodded before walking into the office of Cornelius Fudge.

"Ah, Mr Potter. I've been waiting to talk to you. Who's this you brought along with you?"

"My girlfriend, Minister," Harry seemed to be quite proud as he addressed me as his 'girlfriend', "She's also a witness from the incident,"

"Well, you must be Ms Black, then?"

"Yes, sir,"

"Now, why did you request to talk with me, Mr Potter?"

"I plan to discuss the terms of my expulsion from Hogwarts,"

"You know the rules. You were well aware not to use magic around muggles,"

"Excuse me, Minister, but he wasn't exactly around 'muggles' and he was protecting everyone, including himself, from a possible dementor attack," I butted in.

"They weren't muggles? Well, they weren't wizards or witches,"

"No, but they were wolves. Supernatural creatures themselves that need to be inconspicuous,"

"Wolves? Actual wolves?"

"No, shape-shifters. Animagus of sorts. They can phase at will and have full control over themselves in wolf form,"

"Interesting. But that still doesn't mean you can use magic,"

"I'm well aware of that, Minister. I won't be planning on using magic again when I'm in the muggle world,"

"Mr Potter, I have no idea whether you'll keep your word so you're still expelled from Ho--,"

"Minister Fudge, Harry was just protecting everyone! If he didn't, there could've been a lot of casualties. They were probably sent by Voldemort to--"

"The Dark Lord is not a threat and I suggest that if you want to stay at Hogwarts, you won't interrupt me again,"

"Voldemort is back! I saw him with my own eyes!"

"Ms Black--"

"Minister Fudge, what would you do if the love of your life, as well as a lot of your family and friends were in danger? Would you let them be incapactiated by dementors, or would you protect them by doing something risky and outlawed, saving their lives from harm?" I spoke up, not really something I'm most comfortable with when involving adults.

Fudge was silent for a moment, contemplating. I obviously had him stumped for an answer.

"I see your point, Ms Black. I will rescind the expulsion but one wrong move and both of you will be out of that school before you can say 'magic'. Am I clear?"

"Perfectly," Harry and I answered in unison.

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a lot of work to do,"

"Thank you, Minister Fudge," I added before departing the room.

Once Harry and I were outside, I squealed and hugged him tightly.

"Lexi, that was amazing. You really made him think,"

"Oh, uh, thanks. Just standing up for my boyfriend," I smiled sweetly at him before we headed out of the Ministry of Magic.