Chapter 17

A/N: I want to thank all my lovely readers for giving me over 3K views on Survivor and 1K on a few of my other books. I love you all! :) 2 chapters to go on this story, so get excited!!!!

Lexi's POV

Harry grabbed my hand tightly and we ran towards the cover of a fallen down pillar. Harry fired to our left as a Death Eater flew past us.

I looked to my right, seeing another Death Eater about to fire at us.

"Stupefy!" I shouted, knocking the Death Eater unconscious. Once we came to the pillar, we were safe for a little bit.

"Lexi, are you okay?" Harry asked, genuinely concerned.

"I'm fine. A little shaken, but fine. What about you?" I asked, analysing some of the scrapes on the side of his face.

"Same as you. I'm glad your okay, though," Harry suddenly stopped talking and fired over my shoulder at a Death Eater.

Suddenly, Sirius popped over the pillar for cover and noticed us having a conversation.

"Will you two stop having a casual conversation in the middle of a battle! You're going to get yourselves killed! Let's go!" Sirius exclaimed, dragging me up and pulling me behind him, Harry being pulled behind me. As we ran, Harry, Sirius and I all fired at different Death Eaters.

I was firing to my left when I was pushed sideways with sudden excessive force, my wand being shot out of my hand.

"Shit!" I landed on the ground hard, hitting my head. My vision blurred as I blindly searched for my wand. I could feel blood trickling down the side of my head. I looked to see a dark, swirly figure creeping up to me.

"Stupefy!" I heard Harry shout, saving me while my vision was still clearing. Harry didn't bother asking if I was okay because he just picked me up in his arms and ran for cover while Sirius was close to us, fighting of Death Eaters.

Once we were hidden from the Battle, Harry examined me as my vision was starting to clear.

"Lexi, how do you feel? I'm asking because you can't stay down here the rest of the battle because people will find you." Harry asked, dabbing at the cut on the side of my head.

"I'm a little dizzy from a hit to the head, but I think I can continue," I answered, a little unsure.

"We stick together, guard each other's backs, okay? I'm not sending you out there alone and unguarded for you to get yourself killed,"

I nodded in understanding and Harry helped me up as we readied our wands in one hand, using the other to link hands.

Just as we were nearing the action, Sirius came and pulled us to the side, away from view by Death Eaters.

"Now, listen to me. I want you two to round up everyone and leave," Sirius explained.

"No, we're going to stay with you!" I shouted, not wanting to leave Sirius here to die.

"Lexi, I love that you want to stay, but in your condition, it would be best if you left. You too, Harry. Your girlfriend is hurt and she needs to get out of here before she--" Sirius was cut off suddenly.

"Black," Malfoy hissed. I wasn't sure whether he was talking to Sirius or to me. I soon realised though, that he was talking to Sirius.

Sirius stepped out from the cover of the rock we were behind, facing Malfoy. Death Eaters started to appear, blocking off any exit that Sirius had, not that he was cowardly enough to try to escape.

Malfoy fired at Sirius, who easily blocked it. One of Malfoy's minion also fired, which Sirius once again deflected. Harry stepped out from cover to help Sirius, joining him in firing at the villains.

This left me alone and vulnerable behind a rock. I felt a hand grab my anle and noticed that it was Hermione. She motioned with her hand for me to climb down with them. I reluctantly submitted and climbed down. I watched the standoff, ready to climb up if they needed assistance.

Sirius fired and finally knocked away one of Malfoy's minions, before Harry disarmed Malfoy.

"Nice one!" Sirius fired and shot Malfoy into the distance.

"Avada Kedavra!" I heard Bellatrix shout. A green light spun towards Sirius, seemingly in slow motion, hitting him. I felt like I'd been punched and I jumped up, forgetting all about my dizziness.

Sirius looked to Harry and I, smiling, before floating into the mist under the arch, gone forever.

"NO!" Harry and I both shouted. Tears were running down my face, as well as Harry's. I ran towards the arch, desperate to find Sirius, not accepting the fact that he was dead, gone.

Strong arms wrapped around me, arms I soon realised belonged to Remus. Moody was holding back Harry as well, who must've had a similar idea to me.

"SIRIUS!" I screamed into the arch. I continued to scream aimlessly, my tears turning to anger. "YOU BITCH! I WILL KILL YOU!"

"Lexi, calm down. You need to calm down now," Remus warned. Until then, I hadn't realised I was shaking. My emotions had gotten the best of me and I could've transformed, revealing my secret.

Remus turned me to face him, brushing a strand of hair away from my teary face, before pulling me into his arms.

After I calmed down a bit, my emotions getting under control, I noticed Bellatrix hiding in the shadows. She saw me see her and ran off. I burst out of Lupin's arms and ran after her.

"Lexi!" Harry shouted, close behind me. "It's not worth it!"

"She killind Sirius, your godfather, the only family you had left. I'm killing that bitch!" I shouted still running.

Bellatrix Lestrange was going to die.