Chapter 5

Lexi's POV

Word passed around the school quickly, thankfully not to any teachers, about Dumbledore's Army. Harry, Ron, Hermione and I passed word around that the meeting place would be at the Room of Requirement. We will meet the members outside the Room, just to see how many we have.

One by one, lots of people showed up. Students of all ages, ranging from first years to seniors, all gathered with us, all equally sick of Umbridge's teaching methods.

A few faces I recognised and knew quite well: Neville Longbottom, Luna Lovegood, the Weasley twins, lots of my fellow classmates. 

"Lexi, let's head inside," Harry told me. I cleared my throat, catching everyone's attention, before I spoke up.

"Members of Dumbledore's Army, let's head inside the Room of Requirement and start our training regime!" I shouted, getting an entusiatic swarm of cheered in response.

The Room of Requirement opened up and everyone went inside.

~*~

The first defensive spell Harry was teaching everyone was the Patronus charm. Harry was the only one in our group who knew how to use the charm since he hadn't taught me yet.

Everyone gathered around Harry as he demonstrated the wand movement and the correct pronounciation.

"You need to make a circular motion with your wand and shout as clear as you can, 'Expecto Patronum'. Everyone clear?"

"Yes!" was the joined reply of everyone as they spread themselves out and prepared their wands.

After a few failed attempts, I was getting quite frustated. Just as I was about to try again, a familiar hand grabbed my arm and stopped me.

"Slow down, Lex. You're getting too worked up. Calm down, focus, and you should be fine,"

"But it's not working for me!" I shouted in pure frustration.

"Looks like it's her time of the month," Ron whispered awfully loud. I would've heard him anyway with my wolf hearing but regardless, turned to look at him and shot him daggers with my death stare. Hermione giggled softly as Harry turned me back to face him.

"Focus, Lexi. Don't listen to Ron, he's a fuckwit. Show me how you cast the charm and I'll help you adjust your technique,"

I laughed and prepared my wand, focusing on the motion my wand had made. I made a circular motion and shouted, "Expecto Patronum!". No luck, as usual. in agrivation, I gripped my wand so tight that I thought it was going to snap. Harry noticed and loosened my fingers so my wand wasn't harmed.

"Lexi, you listening?" I nodded as I focused my attention on Harry, "You need to make your circular motion larger and say 'Expecto Patronum' more clearer and less rushed. Okay?"

Tears started running down my face for God knows what reason.

"Hey, hey, Lex. Sshh. I wasn't being mean, I was guiding you. I'm sorry if my critiquing sounded a bit harsh," Harry hugged me and rubbed my back as I randomly cried.

"I know you're just helping me, Harry. I don't know why I was crying. I guess I'm just a bit sensitive,"

"You ready to try again?" I nodded and shakily raised my wand. 

I made a larger and wider circle with my wand and shouted, "Expecto Patronum!" as clear and loud as I could. To my absolute surprise, a bright white light shot out of my wand as my Patronus appeared. Ironically, my Patronus happened to be a wolf. The wolf scampered away and disappeared. Harry patted me on the shoulder and kissed me on the cheek.

"Good job, love,"

I smiled warmly at him before turning to kiss him on the lips. Our kiss deepened until we were unaware of our surroundings. Suddenly, a cough alerted us of everyone elses prescences. I was irritated that Harry and I were interrupted so, with my face still up close to Harry's, I said,

"Class dismissed,"

"Where were we?" Harry asked, laughing, as we continued our make-out sesh.