Chapter 15

Lexi's POV

Harry, Ron, Hermione and I ran out of the Forbidden Forest and towards the castle. I suddenly stopped.

"Lexi, what's going on? We need to go!" Harry was desperate.

"I'm aware of that! But, how are we supposed to get to the Ministry from here? We'll never make it in time by running!" I explained our slight dilemma.

"Guys! Hagrid has thestrals that he's taking care of! We can ride them!" Hermione interjected.

"What are thestrals?" Ron questioned. I was about to ask the same thing.

"Thestrals are winged horses with a skeletal body and reptilian features. Lots of people think they're a bad omen but personally, I think they're just misunderstood," Hermione stated, matter-of-factly.

"Okay, let's go to Hagrid!" 

~*~

"Now, what can I do for you four?" Hagrid asked, after opening his door to find us eargerly standing at his doorstep.

"We need to borrow your thestrals to fly to the Ministry," Hermione half stated, half asked.

"Well, sure! But why do ye need to travel to the Ministry?"

"Harry had another vision and we need to save someone before Voldemort kills them," I blurted out, the words rushing together so fast, I was pretty sure no one understood me.

"Well, okay then! Good luck!"

We turned around from Hagrid to find a group of familiar people standing in front of us. Neville, Ginny, Luna, Fred and George

"We heard you were going to the Ministry and we want to help. You taught us defensive spells to protect ourselves against Voldemort, so why not put them to good use?" Neville spoke up.

I ran up hugged Neville tightly, incredibly grateful. I shocked Neville a bit and he awkwardly patted my back.

"Let's go, Dumbledore's Army!" I cheered.

~*~

As we entered the Ministry of Magic, it was eerily quiet. No one was here. We ran down the long corridor to the lift, which took us to the Department of Minstries; also abandoned.

"Wands ready, everyone," Harry instructed. I could hear Hermione's shaky breathing behind me. Harry held onto my hand and rubbed soothing circles in the top of my hand. He let go of my hand as we started walking, wands ready for just about anything.

We walked down the corridor until we came to a door.

"Is this it, Harry?" I asked. He nodded in response and slowly reached out and turned the doorknob. 

We entered a room filled with glass spheres. I had a gut feeling that something bad was coming, and usually my instincts were right.

"Stay on guard," Harry instructed, whispering. He must've felt the same gut feeling as I did.

"Lumos," I whispered, along with everyone else. I flinch when the bright light appeared, afraid that whoever, or whatever, is out there would ambush us.

We walked forward slowly, taking in the rows upon rows of glass balls.

There was a sound, like a gush of strong wind, that alerted us all.

After staring into the dark distance for a while, Harry turned and walked down the aisle, counting off the numbers.

"92, 93, 94..." Harry picked up the pace and started running. I moved faster as well, staying right behind him. He came to a stop in an empty intersection of aisles, and turned to look at me and the rest of the group.

"He should be here! This is where Sirius was!" Harry shouted, frustrated and desperate.

"What if Voldemort wanted you to see that; wanted for you to walk into his trap?" I questioned. Something clicked in Harry's brain as he thought over my questions.

"Hey, Harry, this one has your name on it," Neville stated. I walked over to where Neville was looking and grabbed a glass ball off the shelf, which had a tag.

HARRY POTTER