Chapter 16

Lexi's POV

As Harry was analysing the Prophecy, Death Eaters appeared in swarms. I think we might've just walked into a giant trap.

"Stupefy!" I yelled, knocking the Death Eater back. The others followed suit, all knocking their opponents unconscious.

"Pertificus totalus!" Neville shouted.

"Levicorpus!" Luna shouted.

"Harry! We need to go, now!" I yelled at him, grabbing his attention from the Death Eaters that were approaching him.

He nodded and we all ran off, narrowly avoiding some of the remaining Death Eaters.

"Now, now, where would you all be going?" A sly male voice asked.

"Malfoy," I spat. Lucius Malfoy stood in front of me, Bellatrix Lestrange walking up beside him.

"I need that Prophecy. If young Potter here gives me the Prophecy like he should, everything will be solved,"

"Fuck you, Malfoy," I retorted. Malfoy's eyes narrowed and Bellatrix's did the opposite.

"How dare you insult one of the Dark Lord's Death Eaters?!" She questioned, nearly screaming at me. She could do with a hairbrush and some time in a mental facility.

"I wasn't talking to you, psycho," I replied to her, calmly, though my heart was racing in my chest.

"Lexi, calm down. It's not worth it," Harry whispered in my ear.

"Just hand over the Prophecy, Potter,"

"Hmmm....NEVER!" Harry shocked Malfoy and Lestrange, "Stupefy!" We all shouted at the Death Eaters that surrounded us. We ran again, this time in a different direction.

As I turned to my left, I saw a Death Eater coming towards us. Ginny must've seen it too.

"Reducto!" Ginny shouted. 

Suddenly, all the glass ball started to fall and shatter, coming like an avalanche towards us.

"Get back to the door!" Harry shouted. We all obeyed willingly and bolted in the direction of the door through which we came in.

We all came through the door just in time, but instead of being in the Ministry's corridors, we were falling.

I started screaming, along with Hermione and Luna. The boys looked equally terrified as well.

We were all falling stomach first towards the ground below us. It was like skydiving, except that we didn't have parachutes and we were going to fall to our deaths.

But instead, we were stopped a couple of inches off the ground. Just as I was taking in the fact that I wasn't dead, I was dropped onto the ground, getting the wind knocked out of me.

I sat up slowly, realising everyone else was just as confused as I was. I looked to Harry and saw he had kept the Prophecy safe and without a scratch.

We all slowly stood up and got our bearings. I looked to see a random, and creepy looking, archway in the middle.

"Do you know what the voices are saying?" Harry asked as he walked towards the arch.

"There aren't any voices, Harry. It's just an ordinary archway," Hermione stated.

"I can hear them," Luna spoke up.

"Me too," I added. I couldn't make out what the voices where saying though.

Harry turned around suddenly, wand pointed above our heads.

"Get behind me, everyone!" He yelled. Harry grabbed my arm, making sure I was right behind him. I prepared my wand too, as did everyone else.

The Death Eaters appeared again, swarming us from all around. Black shadows surrounded us and I couldn't see anything. I was being thrown around by the black shadows; tossed back and forth.

After the Death Eaters had finished throwing me around, I opened my eyes to find I wasn't near any of my friends anymore. I tried to move and realised I was held tightly by a Death Eater. My eyes quickly scanned around the arena we were in, finding that we were all spread out, each of us held hostage with a wand to our head. Except Harry. He was in the centre and looking around confusedly. When he saw us, his face morphed into anguish.

An evil chuckle came from the shadows as a familiar voice spoke up.

"Did you actually believe, or you were truly naive enough, to think that a group of children, teenagers none the less, stood a chance against us?" Malfoy stated arrogantly.

"I'll make this simple for you, Potter, you give me the Prophecy now...or watch your friends, including your beloved Lexi, die," I growled at Malfoy, baring my teeth like the true wolf I am. We were actually going to die. But Harry wouldn't let us die just for that stupid glass ball, would he?

Harry judged the Prophecy in his hands for a second before reaching his hand out towards Malfoy's waiting hand. Harry placed it in reluctantly. I was glad that he didn't let us die, but that Prophect holds all the secrets about his past.

Malfoy was analysing the Prophecy as a bright light shone from behind him. As Malfoy turned around curiously, Sirius stepped towards Malfoy.

"Get away from my godson," He threatened, before punching Malfoy in the face. I nearly laughed but I thought that if I laughed, it might cost me my life.

The Prophecy shot up in the air and landed on the ground, shattering. Malfoy looked utterly distraught. This time, I couldn't help but laugh.

Suddenly, bright shadows flew around the arena. I knew the good shadows could only be the Order of the Phoenix.

The Order flew around, freeing each of us from our captors. As I was released, I prepared my wand. Harry ran over to me, wuickly asking if I was okay. I assured him I was fine before focusing on the matter at hand.

This was the start of an epic battle.