Chapter 11

Harry's POV

I was now entering Snape's office for another stupid Occlumency lesson, recommended by Dumbledore. I wanted my mind to be safe from Voldemort but I didn't want these lessons to be with Snape. He hates my guts and is probably looking for the chance to kill me.

"There is still a connection between your mind and the Dark Lord's. Otherwise, you would not be here, correct?"

"...Yes," Snape always made me nervous.

"I will attempt to penetrate your mind and you will attempt to resist," Snape instructed in that boring monotone voice of his. "Legilimens!"

I tried to block Snape out, but I was failing miserably.

"Concentrate, Potter," Snape scolded. It's not like I'm not trying! "Focus,"

I was concentrating and focusing, like Snape told me to, yet he was still able to delve into my mind.

I was going through all my memories, through all the years, until when Lexi and I kissed after she healed my basilisk wound.

"That's private!" I yelled, but it only sounded like a plea in my exhausted voice.

"Not to me. Focus and they will stay private, to me and the Dark Lord," 

I shivered involuntarily, both from the cold room I was in and from the mention of Voldemort.

"You're just like your father; lazy, arrogant--"

"Don't speak of my father like that!" I yelled, my voice not failing me this time. I stood up and was face-to-face with Snape now, eyeing him.

"Weak, pathetic,"

"I am not weak or pathetic, neither was my father!"

"Then prove to me you're not weak!" Snape pushed me into the chair again as he prepared his wand. "Control your emotions, discipline your mind!"

Once again, Snape was able to hack into my memories. He's like a creepy stalker.

"Concentrate, Potter! How many times do I have to tell you?" 

"We've been at it for hours! You may not need a break, but I certainly do!" I said, walking towards the door.

Snape moved in front of me, blocking my exit.

"The Dark Lord isn't resting. You need to hurry up and discipline your mind to stop the Dark Lord from being able to penetrate your mind. You little children are always complaining about how miserable and unfair your lives are. Well, guess what? Life isn't fair! Your father sought to--"

"My father was a great man!" I defended.

"Your father was a pathetic boy who made other's lives miserable to please himself!" I stopped for a second. How did Snape know this about my father? "Legilim--"

"Protego!" I shielded myself from Snape's charm, causing me to see inside his mind.

He was walking down a corridor, sad, while people were laughing at him. He realised he had toilet paper stuck to the bottom of his shoe and walked faster, away from the laughing. Next, he was sitting curled up in a corner, rocking himself back and forth, struggling to cope with something. Probably the bullying the seemed to occur in the last vision. I then saw Snape sitting by himself at the bottom of a tree when a voice called out.

"Snape!" Snape's head snapped up and instantly grew worried and scared. "Expelliarmus!" The boy teasing him was really mean.

"Nice one, James!" One boy said. James? James, as in my father?

"Who wants me to hang him in the tree?" Cheers erupted in an assumed agree. Snape was lifted up into the air by my father and hung upside down from a tree branch, at least 3-4 metres off the ground.

"Enough!" Present-day Snape demanded as I was pulled back into reality. When I looked at Snape, I suddenly saw not the emo teacher that hates everyone, but the boy who was bullied by my father because he was different and an outsider.

Snape walked up and grabbed me by the front of my shirt, pulling me towards him.

"Your lessons are finished. Get. Out."

I nodded my head and made my way out of the class. I only looked back once, and Snape was staring back at me. But it wasn't a death stare. It was like a stare of someone who has been hurt and the pain has resurfaced, which I guess is what happened in a way.

I didn't look back again as I made my way back to the dorms.