Chapter 14

Lexi's POV

Umbridge walked confidently out of the school grounds, towards the Forbidden Forest, but her arrogance started to falter. Acting purely spontaneously, I walked up to Umbridge's side and grabbed her ear, pulling her forward.

"This is payback for my ear, bitch," I whispered in the ear I was holding, purposefully digging my nail in to her flesh, making Umbridge whimper.

We walked through the Forest until we came to a small clearing. We stopped and I reluctantly let Umbridge's ear go. The instant I released my grip, she backed away from me, clutching her ear.

"Where is this thing you dragged me here for?" Umbridge demanded.

"I'm afraid you'll have to ask our friends," Hermione answered. I turned to where she was looking to see a group of figures standing in the shadows. They stepped forward to reveal themselves as centaurs. How did Hermione organise all this?

"What is this? Why do I have to talk to lowlifes like these 'horse-men'?"

"Do not disrespect our kind!" One of the centaur demanded.

"You can't stop me!" Umbridge yelled, defiant, yet I could hear the shakiness in her voice.

"What's to stop them?" I asked, smiling evilly at Umbridge. Colour instantly drained from her face as she looked from us the the centaurs, back and forth.

"You wouldn't let me get taken away by these mutants, would you?" She asked, looking at me.

"They're not mutants. And yes, I would. Glady," I smiled at Umbridge before nodding to the centaurs. They galloped down and retrieved Umbridge, carrying her away, screaming and thrashing to no avail.

"Good luck!" I called out.

"Lexi, we need to go to the Ministry! Umbridge is out of the way, so we should be able to get into the Ministry fairly easy," Harry runs up to me, looking uneasy.

"Okay, let's go!" I reply, breaking into a run.