Prologue

Harry's POV

The plan was in now in action. I would climb down the piping first, catching all the luggage, before making sure Lexi gets down safe. If we get caught, we're dead.

After Lexi chucked me the luggage, tenderly trying pass me the birds without frightening them, she climbed down. At one point, her foot slipped and she started losing her grip on the pipe. As she fell backwards, I was there to catch her, glad she didn't scream or make too much noise.

"It's okay, Lex, you can open your eyes. I've got you," I whispered. She slowly opened her eyes and was relieved to see she was in my arms.

After I placed her on the ground, we grabbed our luggage and ran to where the Weasleys would be waiting for us. As we were running, I could suddenly feel an all too familiar chill graze my back. I could tell Lexi felt it too because she looked over her shoulder. I looked over my shoulder too, but saw nothing. Either it was just a nightly breeze, or it was too dark to see anything. As Lexi and I turned our heads back to the front, we were suddenly face-to-face with three dementors.

Lexi screamed a blood-curdling scream and froze in terror. I was the only one out of us who knew who to use a Patronus charm so, even though I'd probably get expelled for this, I knew I needed to get rid of the dementors before they hurt us. Just as I was about to cast the charm, Lexi's parents came out and saw what was going on. Lexi's mother screamed as she saw the dementors, while her father transformed into a wolf, prepared to fight. He wasn't aware that his wolf powers wouldn't help him against dementors.

"EXPECTO PATRONUM!" I shouted, casting the familiar bright light out of my wand, forcing the dementors away.

~*~

Lexi's POV

Just as the dementors disappeared, I remembered what happens when you use magic outside of the wizarding world.

"Harry, what were you thinking?! Now you're going to get expelled!"

"What did you want me to do, Lexi? Let the dementors wreak havoc on us, on your family, on La Push? I'd rather be expelled, for all its worth,"

"It's worth a damn lot, Harry! I'm not going back if you're not!"

Only then did I realise we had an audience of wolves. Mum and Dad had snapped out of 'protection' mode and were now in 'hella-pissed' mode.

We were screwed.

~*~

"Alexandria Black, Harry Potter, please explain to me what you were doing outside in the dead of night with your suitcases and owls,"

"Well, it's kinda...like...um..." I looked down at my feet, ashamed and embarassed.

"Were you trying to run off to Hogwarts without us knowing?" Mum asked, looking slightly hurt.

"Um...yeah," I submitted.

"Harry?" Dad questioned, still pissed.

"Yeah, sir," I thought it was cute that Harry always refered to Dad as 'sir'.

"Go to your rooms - separate rooms - and go back to bed. You're both grounded,"

"Until when?" I asked, honestly curious.

"Until I find punishment suitable for your behaviour!" Dad yelled, making me flinch.

"In all honesty, Dad, it was my idea to escape. Harry just followed me. I should be punished, not Harry,"

"Lexi, I was part of it, too. We both equally misbehaved,"

"It's too late to fess up now. Go to your rooms, now,"

Harry and I trudged up the stairs, Harry stopped me at the top.

"Why were you vouching for me? I was just as much a part of it as you,"

"It was my idea and you shouldn't get punished for something that was my fault,"

"Thanks, anyway,"

"No probs. Anytime, babe," I replied, smiling smugly.

"Babe?"

"Just trying it out. How 'bout it?"

"Nah, not your thing. You'll find something, don't worry," Harry laughed. I laughed with him and we got another yell from Dad to go to our rooms. We kissed briefly before heading into our separate rooms.

I sent Jessie to deliver a letter to the Weasleys who would probably fly back home. I was really hoping our plan would work.

~*~

"Harry! There's a letter for you!" I yelled out to him, worried. I turned it over to find the Hogwarts stamp sealing it together. "HARRY!"

"I'm coming, I'm coming! Don't get your knickers in a..." He faded out as he took in the letter. "Is that for me?"

I nod and hand the letter to him. Harry reluctantly opened it and slowly read it out.

"Mr Harry Potter,

I am afraid to say that you have been expelled from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry for the use of magic in muggle surroundings. This decision was made on behalf of the Ministry so, for any inquiries, talk to them.

Sincerely,

Headmaster Albus Dumbledore."

Tears started running down my cheeks. Harry would never go back to Hogwarts. Even if my parents let me return, Harry wouldn't be able to come with me. Hermione and Ron wouldn't see him very often, if at all.

Harry embraced me in a hug after seeing my tears, trying to make me believe it was for a good cause. An idea suddenly popped into my head. Not like my escape idea, a more idealistic, logical idea.

"Harry, we need to talk to the Ministry. If they know that you were protecting a town of people, a town of werewolf people to be exact, and that you saved many lives, they might change their minds,"

"Lexi, they made their decision..."

"But decisions can be changed. C'mon, it's at least worth a try. I'll see if we can organise the Weasleys to come pick us up, with my parents permission this time,"

"But we're grounded,"

"So? We'll ask anyway,"

"Ask what, may I ask?" Dad asked.

"Um, Harry got expelled but we want to talk to the Ministry to see if they'll change their decision,"

"Ministry?"

"Of Magic. They control pretty much everything that happens in the wizarding world. Please Dad? I know we're grounded, I understand that, but we really need to talk to these people. If we go to the Weasleys, maybe we could get Ron's dad to ask the Head of the Ministry if we can talk to them,"

"Will you be staying with the Weasleys?"

"Most likely. Ron's parents like us so I'm sure they will let us," Harry reassured Dad.

"Ok, fine. You can go. But, just promise me one thing,"

"Yes? Whatever it is, I promise,"

"Just stay safe,"

"Thank you, Dad! I love you, so much!" I squealed as I hugged Dad.

"Thanks from me too," Harry added, obviously not going to hug Dad.

"Go pack, you two. Before I change my mind," Dad smiled.