Against the Quicksilver

(2 minutes ago)

When Iida heard Midoriya's name come out of the intercom system, he was surprised by it to say the least. Not only did he think that Midoriya was not supposed to fight, but even if by some miracle he made it out of surgery in time, Uraraka never told him. He had asked her to inform him of Midoriya's status if anything happened.

'Why didn't she call? Did she not even know? Well, it doesn't matter. I'm glad he's okay, but...is he really any shape to fight?' As Iida walked out onto the ring, he saw Midoriya across the platform with medical tape covering his right arm. 'If Uraraka hasn't had the chance to inform me, and he is still covering his arm, he must have just gotten out of surgery. He must be dead tired! He can't fight like this! But...I swore to myself I would win for my brother. Besides, Midoriya wouldn't want me to hold back or forfeit for his sake. I'm sorry Midoriya, but I want to win too. I know you will understand... I'll finish this quickly so you can go get proper rest.'

"Combatants are ready! BEGIN!"

"RECIPRO BURST!" In the blink of an eye, Iida was across the ring directly in front of Midoriya, his right leg swung back. 'I'm sorry Midoriya but I have to win!' What Iida never noticed was that before the match started, Midoriya had put his hands in finger flicking position aimed directly at the ground. Iida swung down, ready to knock Midoriya out quickly and claim his victory.

...But all he hit was air.

"What!?"

"Sorry Iida!"

Iida looked up and behind him to see Midoriya up in the air. Midoriya had once again used his flicks to his advantage. His plan was already a success.

(15 Minutes ago)

Back in Recovery girls office, Midoriya had just gotten his casts off and Momo was applying medical tape to his arm.

'Must... think of ways...to distract...from closeness to girl!'

Momo spoke up for him, "So do you have any ideas for your fight against Iida?"

"Um, i-i've only seen one of Iida's fights, but from what I have seen and due to his quirk I can only assume he always tries to end his fights fast. He will most likely launch at me from the start. He's seen me flick my fingers before, so he will feel like his mobility won't help him very much. His Recipro Burst is too fast even for my new abilities. My reaction time won't be fast enough especially if I can't decide on which part of my body to send my power too and muttermuttermuttermuttermuttermuttermuttermuttermuttermutter…"

Momo sweatdropped as she watched him piece together everything like a computer. His hand was rubbing his chin, his brow furrowing and unfurrowing as he found problems and solutions. She had to admit, it was impressive how fast he could think and speak like that. And a little cute.

"Midoriya?" She said snapping her fingers in front of his face. He became startled, and looked back to her. A blush crept onto his face.

"Uh, s-sorry. I-I can't help it s-sometimes."

"It's okay, but I think caught most of that. So Iida seems like an opponent that is one chance either way. Either he hits you out at the start and he wins, or he misses or you manage to stay in the ring and you win" Yaoyorozu said, also trying to put something together.