Chapter Twenty-Three

Start from the beginning

''I'm fine Uncle Orman, it wasn't that bad'' I shrugged. He smiled tightly as if he knew I was lying. 

''Let's go find your Dad, they'll all want to talk about this'' He said getting up, I sighed and followed him out the kitchen.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

''Start from the beginning, what happened when you woke up?'' Alastair asked me. After my uncle's and I rounded up my family, the alpha and Cam we went through to the living room. I sat down on the couch and Cam sat over the other side not talking to me, everyone else stood watching me. I sighed and looked over at them and decided to tell them the truth.

''When I woke up and instantly felt dizzy, I think they drugged me with chloroform or something. Anyway I woke up and saw Marissa and Jason, I shouted at them then the alpha told me to shut up. They started saying how they'd kidnapped me to get to Cam and that Marissa would go back and become alpha female. Then they would trade me for money to my family but said all they'd end up with was a dead body'' I told them. I saw Zale's fists clench and every single one of my brothers shared the same angry expression.

''How did you get out?'' Mum asked. I grimaced at the memory. 

''I burnt the house down'' I said bluntly, leaving out the details of me killing everybody in sight. 

''And you walked back here?'' Zale asked through gritted teeth. I shook my head slightly. 

''Well, I walked for a day then found a beach, after that I swam here'' I told them honestly. Everybody was silent for a while, probably thinking about what I just said.

''Did they hurt you?'' It was Cam that asked this time, his voice was hoarse. He looked terrible. He had dark rings under his eyes and looked slightly paler than usual. He looked like he hadn't slept or ate for days. I paused wondering what to say next, his green eyes widened in anger. Oops, maybe I should of replied quicker.

''What did they do to you?'' Zale growled, I chewed my lip desperately trying to think of a way to get out of this. I knew that if I told them they'd hit the roof and try and find them, that would be fine but the wolves are dead thanks to me. I really didn't want them finding out that.

''Nothing'' I blurted out a little too quickly. Everyone narrowed their eyes at me. Crap. 

''You're lying'' Cam growled. I grimaced, damn it. 

''Look, can you see any injuries?'' I said pointedly. They looked at me and nodded, well thank God for that. I looked over at Cam and he had a look of utter disbelief over his perfect features. Damn it.

''I've told you everything, can I have a bath now?'' I asked quickly standing up. Mum nodded and I left the room, I ran up stairs to the en-suite and started running the bath. I stripped and got in, being a mermaid it was pretty much impossible to have a shower. Anyway because we spend so much time in the water we're always clean, I only have a bath because it's relaxing.

I got out and wrapped a towel around my dry, body, luckily the new healing power didn't leave any scars. I walked out and Cam was in the hall almost waiting for me. We looked at each other, daring the other to say something first. He broke first of course.

''I'm sorry'' He apologised. I blinked confused, what? 

''Huh?'' I said unattractively. He ran a hand through his hair roughly. 

''I'm sorry I've been such a dick to you since you came back'' He said, I ran up to him and took his hand in mine still holding tightly onto my towel.

''Cameron it's okay, I'm fine'' I told him, he looked down at me pained. 

''You were taken Ria, I don't want you to ever leave my side again okay?'' He growled clasping his face in my hands, his green eyes darkening slightly. I probably should be scared at the fact that his wolf but all I could concentrate on was his lips.