Chapter Twenty-Nine

••• Assyria Widimer •••

Sneaking up towards the lake Jack and I stopped and hid behind a bush, Jack told me the wolf scents had gone out a while back. She must be pretty good there isn't any water around these parts except the lake of course. I looked at Jack and he looked worried, I'm not surprised his mate's still inside with Simon. Luckily Priscilla left an hour ago and wouldn't be back till a few hours later, as predicted she's gone for a swim. I was about to stand up and move in when Jack stopped me.

"Wait." He whispered and I looked at him confused. Is he getting cold feet? I guess I knew he wasn't because his mate's involved but I'm impatient and I hate waiting.

"What?" I asked annoyed.

"You don't exactly look as if you've just fallen off a cliff." He pointed out and I nodded sitting back down. Yeah he had a point, I winced a little as an idea came into my head. We didn't have long and this was the only idea I have right now.

"You're right." I bit my lip, oh sweet lord I was going to regret this.

"You still have that bottle of water yeah?" I asked, I made Jack take a bottle of sea water just in case I got hurt and needed healing.

"Yeah why?" Grimacing I laid down flat on the ground and looked up at him.

"You're going to have to beat me up pretty good to make it look not only that I'm dead but that I've been thrown off a cliff." I said taking a deep breath, Jack's eyes widened.

"Ri I know you can be a little crazy at times but this is just down right insane!" He hissed and I gave him a look.

"I can't just go in like this they won't believe you and then you'll get the lot of us killed." I hissed back, he pursed his lips and didn't reply. God he's too much like his brother at times, if he wants his mate back then he's just going to have to go along with this.

"Look, the quicker you do this and get me inside the quicker I can heal and then we can get to work." I explained calmly and he nodded reluctantly.

"I don't want to do this." He whispered and I nodded.

"It's okay, funnily enough I don't want you to but it'll be fine." I grinned, he gave a small smile but I could tell this was still eating at him.

"Wait." He hesitated and I looked at him annoyed that he was dragging this out for so long.

"Won't Cameron feel your pain through the mate bond?" He asked and I looked away. The kid had a point. Luckily I was one step a head.

"I'll block him out temporarily. Being a Mer it'll make it ten times easier as well." I said and he scowled obviously not wanting to do this. He needed to, his mate and everyone we know is in danger.

"Keep the water near you at all times, then dump my body near Scarlett and Ella with the bottle of water. Make sure the cap is off and that my hand is somewhere near the water." I whispered and he nodded standing up.

"Break my leg." I muttered and he clenched his jaw.

"How?"

"Stomp as hard as you can on my thigh." I replied, I adjusted my leg at a certain angle so I could guarantee that it'd break. He stomped hard and I heard the snap of my leg, burying my  head in my arms I tried to muffle the scream. Jack ran over in tears apologizing, I sat up trying to smile. Son of a mother- My god that hurt like hell. Tears gathered in my eyes but I blinked them away, god I really hope this works otheriwse it's all for nothing.

"It's okay see it's done." I said my voice shaky, Jack shook his head and I grabbed his arm.

"You can't back out now." I said and he sighed standing up.