Epilogue

ONE YEAR LATER

••• Assyria Widimer •••

"Cameron come help me." I complained juggling the twins in my arms. My baby girl giggled manically as her father came swimming up out of no where throwing her about in the water before catching her in his strong arms.

Dylan Arlyn Widimer and Cordelia Meredith Widimer. I ended up letting Cameron pick the names and can't help but feel proud of him for actually bothering to research the names since he knew my kind pick names with meaning to them. Dylan means son of the sea and Cordelia means daughter of the sea, I thought they fitted the twins perfectly. Then he was sweet and named their middle names after my parents. Arlyn meaning sea warrior and Meredith meaning protector of the sea. He wanted some fairly normal sounding names so they wouldn't be teased too badly when being sent to school but who am I kidding, these twins have a werewolf for a father and a mermaid for a mother, their lives will never be normal.

"How was your run?" I asked him as we swam back to our cave. Atlantis was our new home now, we'd lived here ever since the attack Priscilla lead on us. It took a couple of months but with everyone helping, Atlantis city was back up to it's usual glory. It looked beautiful, you'd never would've known that there was a psychotic mermaid on the rampage just a year ago.

"It was good, good to let my wolf out." He said kissing my temple as we swam inside the cave. Sometimes it was hard for Cameron living down here, trying to fit in with my kind and I knew he wasn't fully happy which was why part of our house was set up so that it was half on land and half on water. We knew it would be good for the twins as well for when they start to turn into their wolf.

I know he misses running in his wolf form so whenever we had an spare time he either used it to go running or was otherwise occupied with entertaining me much to my brothers disgust. The twins were addored by their uncles and many of the mer living here as well. It always amused Cameron and I how much attention we got mainly because he's a wolf.

The other mer children loved playing with his fur and Cameron in return loved to be petted as much as he would try and deny it. He was great with kids and the parents loved him to. Since my brother Merrick is the leader of the shoal now, he has a high ranking place up in Atlantis city which made us strangely popular in the city amunst the mer. They were always talking about the mermaid and the alpha, either about Cameron in wolf form, my brother being some what of a celebrity, or the twins which everyone loved.

I wasn't complaining though, I loved life here. Two beautiful children, a loving husband and friends and family that cared for me. I got lucky.

Looking over at Cameron with my baby girl in his arms I couldn't help but smile. I loved him more than I could put into words, more then the idiot would ever know. I couldn't believe that I was lucky enough to have him as my forever. To call him mine.

Cam looked up at me meeting my gaze, his eyes were relaxed as he drank me in as I rocked Dylan back and forth in my arms. His blazing green eyes told me everything. He told me I was home, that I was safe and that he wasn't going to let anything bad going to happen to us. His eyes told me he loved me, and quite frankly that was all I needed to know. He loved me, what more could a mermaid ask for?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please vote/fan/comment

_ayzie_