Chapter Twenty-Eight

••• Cameron Forrest •••

Pain is a relatively wide subject. Heartbreak has to be the worst. Just ask any wolf who's mate's left them. The pain doesn't go away, it just needles and needles away at your heart. The memories are even worse. The smell of her hair, the way she walked, laughed, talked, smiled... All I feel is pain.

It's been three weeks since we broke up, well not broke up dumped my ass would be the appropriate term. And they weren't exactly discreet about they're new relationship. Everyday they would be together, constantly touching each other, the two were never apart. It was sickening.

'She' had changed, then again so have I. Since she dumped my ass I've done everything to forget about her. Kind of hard since she's practically living on my packs land spending every night with her new boyfriend though, but like I said memories are the worst. It's too painful to remember her, I've tried everything to forget. Getting drunk, getting high, and sleeping with every girl with a pulse.

'She' knows it's going on, me sleeping around again but she doesn't care. She's too in love with Mason to give a damn. I've tried everything to forget about loving her, I can't even say her name without it bringing up bad memories, now I just feel nothing. It's been hard but is sure worth it, I had to mix with a new cloud to help try and forget. They usually supply the weed and alcohol. I don't want to remember her.

Alex hates the new group, they're human but it's obvious how much he hates them. He's also not talking to 'her', nobody from my pack is. 'Her' family don't speak to 'her' anymore either, 'she's' always out of the house with Mason. I'm not sure if they've noticed Mason's little brother watching them, 'her' especially. Not that I was watching them, hell no Marlowe told me this when I came in late the other night.

After 'she' blew up the caravan (which we all know she did, caravans don't just spontaneously combust) and dumped me, Simon simply blamed it on the weather. He knew it was 'her' that did it just as well as the rest of us, the question on everybody else's lips is why? I say everyone else because I personally don't give a damn whatsoever about anything including Assyria Widimer.

My heart clenched at her name and I mentally cursed myself, after three weeks you'd thought I'd know better. The first week was terrible, I didn't leave my room. People came up to check if I was okay or bring me food but other then that I stayed put. I didn't speak, I hardly ate and I spent the whole time thinking of her. It was only until the end of the week when I realised what she'd done.

She cheated on me, my own mate went behind my back and slept with someone else. And I hate her for it. 'She's' not my mate. I knew from the moment I laid eyes on her it would be dangerous having a mate and look how it all turned out. I'm the laughing stock of my pack, she humiliated me and laughed about it. And the fucking bitch is still allowed on my land.

I wanted to hate her I truely did, I told myself repeatedly how much I detested her but could never quite get the word hate out even in my head. My wolf was ashamed of me but he understood the pain I was going through, he's a part of me remember?

I stretched out on my bed and the unknown girl next to me started to stir. Her eyes opened and she looked at me hopefully, I knew what she wanted. It's what the rest of them wanted, to stay with me. It was almost comical how willing these girls are, they jumped into bed the minute they heard 'she' was gone.

"Get out." I said, my voice as hard as stone. The girl's smile dropped and hurt washed over her face.

"But-"

"Now." I growled leaving no room for argument. The girl ran out of the room with her clothes bundled in her arms.

This is wrong... My wolf whispered, I ignored him.