Chapter Sixteen

••• Assyria Widimer •••

''My brother's will be here any moment'' I said with my arms crossed. It was typical that they would be late, stupid mer. Cameron stroked my arm beside me and I smiled in return. After I woke up Cam cooked me breakfast, when I say cooked I mean he made beans on toast.

We were currently waiting on my brothers, I thought it would be a great idea to show the pack my family's training style's, also I needed an excuse to beat up Marissa!

''They're here'' Alex said. My family pulled up and jumped out of the SUV, they marched over to us as we waited for them in the back garden. I narrowed my eyes at my brothers. 

''You're late'' I said to them, they smiled sheepishly.
''We couldn't find the car keys'' I rolled my eyes.
''Okay guys gather round'' I instructed to the wolves. 

''My family are going to train you and show you how to actually fight because you pretty much suck'' I smiled at the pack, they glared at me. 

''Why should we trust you?'' Somebody shouted.
''Yeah, we don't even know what you are!'' Another wolf cried out, I rolled my eyes at them. They could be so damn fussy at times.
''Oh yeah about that, I'm a mermaid'' I said casually. There was silence. 

''Okay then time for training!'' I said brightly clasping my hands together.
''There are no such thing as mermaids'' I heard Marissa sneer, I rolled my eyes.
''Now that's just insulting'' I shook my head at her.
''Okay so here's what's gonner happen, firstly we are gonner be training in hand to hand combat in your human form, pair up and get into a circle'' I ordered and they surprisingly did as they were told. 

''This is pathetic'' Marissa scoffed as she stood in front of me.
''Just get a partner Marissa'' I sighed, I knew she wouldn't do what I asked. And this ladies and gentlemen is reverse psychology.
''How about I go with you?'' She suggested twiddling a lock of her fake blond hair between her fingers. 

''If you say so, but remember how I kicked your butt last time? Well don't start crying when it happens again'' I giggled and out of no where, her fist hit my jaw.

The whole pack had formed in a group around us and were watching silently in the background. I smiled to myself and caught a glance of Cam coming towards us out of the corner of my eye.

''Merrick, Morgan, teneo eum retro'' [Merrick, Morgan, hold him back] 

I told my brothers gesturing to Cameron, I did not want him interrupting. They grabbed onto his shoulders and held him in place. I turned back to Marissa.

''Are you sure you want to-'' Slap. Wow she really wanted to be humiliated today. Fine by me.

I held my hand towards the back of the house where the pool was and concentrated on the water. Suddenly the windows of the room with the pool smashed and the water flew out like a snake. I used both hands to control such a large amount of water, I aimed the water at Marissa and the water flew over to her knocking her off her feet. She flew into the air and the water wrapped around her body in a giant ball. She clawed at the water trying to get out but I held her there. My head started to feel dizzy and she shifted into her dirty tan wolf. I let go of the water and it fell to the ground along with a very pissed of wolf.

She wasted no time and lunged at me, I brought my fist up and punched her in the snout. She growled and I grabbed all the water I could find and brought it into a ball. I froze it with my left hand and chucked the ball of ice at her face. Her body flew a few metres back but soon got to her feet.

Suddenly out of no where a bolt of lightening came and struck her body. The wolf or Marissa fell to the floor, she was conscious and breathing but layed still with exhaustion. Then it started snowing. In the middle of July. I looked at my Dad who looked over proud, I frowned. My stomach started to stir in pain and I held it thinking I was going to be sick.

''Dad what's happening?'' I gasped in pain.
''Remember how I explained that the longer your first change is, the more powers you get?'' He asked beaming with pride. 

''Yeah so...'' I trailed off clutching my stomach even tighter.
''It looks like your other power is controlling the weather'' He explained. 

''Awesome'' I mumbled before collapsing to the floor unconscious.

~*~

''Cameron she's fine, she just needs to sleep it off that's all'' I heard Mum tell Cam, I opened my eyes and looked at a shaking Cam and a bored looking Mum.
''Babe you look terrible!'' I snorted at Cam then clutched my side in pain. 

''Ow'' I grimaced. He took my hand looking angry.
''Don't you dare do that again'' He growled, I rolled my eyes.
''What happened?'' I asked Mum.

''Well, you got your power and fainted. Not much to tell really'' I chuckled, that was my Mother, so loving and caring.
''Thanks for the sympathy'' I laughed and she rolled her eyes.
''Drama queen'' She mumbled walking to the door, she turned back. 

''I'm going to help your father with the training, you can sleep here tonight'' She told me before walking out the room, I looked around, I was on Cameron's bed.

''You're going to be the death of me'' He muttered. I gasped excitedly sitting up.
''How's Marissa?!'' I asked bouncing up and down in his bed. 

''She had to be taken to hospital'' Cameron said and I squealed.
''Was she in pain?!'' I asked again with excited eyes.
''Well she was screaming when they lifted her into the van'' He said and I screamed in excitement. He looked at me confused. 

''Oh, I'm sorry, I mean, I'm sorry she had to suffer'' I lied badly he laughed and kissed my hand.
''You're a terrible liar Ria'' He told me. I smiled happy that she was in pain, wow I seriously need help.
''So you can control the weather'' Cameron said. I grinned, finally my power had come though. I looked at my left hand. 

''Yeah how cool is that?!'' I grinned and opened my left hand. A blue flame burst from my open palm. We both yelped and stared at my hand.
''I guess I can control fire as well'' I spoke staring at my hand.

''Do it again'' Cameron said. I stared at my hand and concentrated on heat and opened my fist. Nothing happened. I frowned and opened and clenched my fist again holding it open this time. Nothing. 

''That's embarrassing'' Cameron said mildly staring at my hand. 

''Oh I'm sorry would you like to try?'' I glared at him, suddenly my hand lit up in the same blue flame eliminated from my hand.
''Does it hurt?'' He asked, I shook my head and smiled. 

''Not at all, it's totally painless. I can feel it's there but it feels like I'm holding a feather'' I told him, I waved my hand about and the flame engulfed my whole hand. I giggled as it tickled my skin, the flame slowly ran up my arm and to my shoulder. I jumped up and stood in the middle of the room.

Another flame lit up in my right hand and flew up my arm towards my chest. Within seconds my whole body was alight with blue flames, I laughed in pure joy and looked over to Cameron who looked horrified. I cocked my head to the side confused before running out the house to show my family. I can control fire! My Dad will be so proud of me.

I ran out the door and into the back garden, everyone stopped and screamed at me. I smiled brightly and ran over to my father who looked fightened.

''Dad, Dad look! I'm on fire!''

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I also realsed another wolf story, that one doesn't have mermaids and it's a bit depressing but if you checked it out that would be great. If you're intrested the name of it is The Broken One.

Please vote/fan/comment.

_ayzie_