Chapter Five

••• Cameron Forest •••

Assyria. Even her name was perfect. Everything about her was perfect. The way she moved. The way she talked. The way she insulted me and my kind. So perfect. I was shocked when she said those things out loud in class. So was my father. Then she went into the whole I'm more of a mermaid kind of girl thing and made all of the wolves think, what the hell is he on about. I think my little mate has been watching way to many little mermaid movies, she's got to know that mermaids don't exist right? It's just us wolves and vampires and of course the hunters but even they are human.

I knew this day would come, the day I would find my mate. She is beautiful for a human but that's why I can't be with her. She's human. Humans are weak. If I wanted a mate, which I don't, she would have to be a strong mate, a wolf. Not a human. Plus I love living the player lifestyle. The whole 'hump then dump' thing suits me just fine.

Pack meeting tonight at 8, don't be late... my fathers voice said through the mind link.

''What time is it now?'' I asked the pack doctor. I had been in here for ages because of my mates stupid brothers. Even for a human they can pack a hell of a punch, it made me suspicious at first. Just like the fact that they don't have scents either. It wasn't normal.

''It's just coming up quarter to.'' The pack doctor said. He prodded just under my right eye and I hissed.

''It's a broken eye socket, it should heal over in a few days, who'd you piss off this time?'' He snickered. I rolled my eyes.

''A human.'' I scowled. The doctor blinked in disbelief.

''I'm sorry but you mean a human gave you that?'' The doctor asked looking astonished and I nodded. Well they're not wolves or vampires?

''Yeah?'' The doctor just shook his head.

''No human can cause that amount of damage to a wolf, it's just not possible.'' He said. I nodded anyway and made my way over the the pack house. I went straight through to the meeting room. Everyone looked up and bowed their heads to me as I walked in. I took a seat next to my father and he began speaking and I as usual droned out.

''And lastly I want to talk about the new human family that just moved here, something just isn't right about them.'' My father said, I snapped up at him.

''No shit.'' I said gesturing to my face. It still stung like a bitch and I was pissed off that the guy human or whatever he was could do this to me.

''One of them did this to you?'' He asked looking stunned.

''I know it doesn't make sense.'' I said angrily.

''I had a conversation with the girl. She seems really nice'' A girl spoke up. I think her name was Fiona.

''None of them have a scent.'' My future beta and best friend Alex said. He walked over to stand by my side before crossing his arms over his chest.

''Has anyone checked the parents?'' My Dad asked. The pack were quiet looking around at each other. I'll take that as a no...

''Nobody thought to as they are just humans.'' His beta and Alex's Dad, Gerard said.

''We don't know that yet.'' I pointed out.

Security breach... somebody yelled out to us through the mind link.

Where? My Dad asked, everyone was silent.

We're not sure, there's no scent, we saw a human girl run up to the pack house though, we're heading there now... the same wolf replied.

''Shit!'' My Dad yelled, we all stayed silent, nobody knew what to say. We all heard a twig snap from outside the widow. All heads snapped up to see a girl running away from the house. She looked exactly like Assyria.

Everybody poured out of the pack house and followed the girl. She had a good head start in us and she was incredibly fast for a human. She ran through the forest and towards a lake. The lake is connected to a big river that leads throughout the whole town. I shifted into my all white wolf and headed after her. A wolf tried to tackle her but she dodged it at the last minute.

How is she doing that? Alex called out through the mind link. I sped up and came along side her to try and get a glimpse of her face. She was dressed head to toe in black, black skinny jeans, black combat boots, black leather jacket. She kept running towards the lake, I had no idea what her intentions were. Her head turned slightly and for a second I could of sworn it was my mate Assyria.

We kept running and I slowed my pace a big when we got to the lake, I knew she had nowhere else to go but in the lake and she wasn't exactly dressed to go swimming. She didn't slow down though. She kept running and we both ran onto the jetty. I was about an inch behind her, I tried to grab her with my teeth but before I knew it she jumped it. I skidded to a halt a shifted back trying to find her. Alex came up behind me with a pair of basketball shorts. We all stood there looking out at the lake panting and waiting for her head to pop up.

''There!'' Somebody shouts pointing to the middle of the water, half of her face was submerged. She looked at us all, as if she was teasing us.

''What's your name?'' My father called out using his alpha command. The girl didn't answer. Nobody said anything for a while. Nobody can resist an alpha command not even humans, other alphas can but this girl was obviously not a wolf. I slowly slipped into the water and swam over to her. She didn't move, but she kept her eyes in me the whole time. I stopped a meter short of her.

''What's your name?'' I asked her softly. I could barely make out her eyes but when I did I nearly choked. The girl noticed the and swam off. I froze thinking about the girls eyes.

They were the exact same bright, blue eyes as Assyria's.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please vote/fan/comment

_ayzie_