Chpt 34 Promise on a thread

The academy was nice. It was well packed too, for the second floor... But I was too excited to care about the poor ignorant genin to actually help them.

"Please let us get in."

My eyes spotted a girl around our age with brown hair tied in two buns. My mind was rushing with thoughts as I thought of the best way to handle it.

After much contemplation, I decided to let it go on as it should and didn't interfere. I said nothing when Sasuke walked over to the imposters.

I looked around anywhere but the green monster, afraid to be blinded by light. I had sensitive eyes if you didn't notice.

And my mind didn't even register the fact that someone else would be here whom I wouldn't be able to ignore.

"Rin~hime." He said and bowed politely. I blinked twice before widening my eyes at the figure. The other hyuga shifted uncomfortably on his heel.

"Neji~niisan!"

Of course during my excitement I all but forgot who were there and what made him so formal. I immediately jumped on him, wrapping my legs around his torso and buried my face in the crook of his neck.

After taking in his sweet arrogant scent, I pulled away to get a good look at his features. He had grown during the few weeks I hadn't seen him. Or was it months?

His hair too had grown longer, now lying a bit lower than his mid back. The clothes were new. I could tell by how smooth they were.

Since the hyuga's main strength was taijutsu, they tended to roughen their clothes when training. I still hadn't gotten off him and brought my face closer to his to get a better look.

He stiffened under me and I could practically see the tension gathering in his still shoulders. I examined his face from head to toe, noticing the few but important details that changed in him but decided to hide.

My cool breadth blew on his warming face as his eyes grew wide when he stared at me. I hadn't realised how quiet everyone had gone. And by everyone I mean everyone.

But me, being me, ignored their stares and and got down still holding in to his hand. "Say Neji~nii. We are really late and I'm really tired so..."

I jumped on him again, but this time his back. "You wouldn't mind giving me a piggyback ride would you? I really miss it."

I could see both his teammate's jaws anime drop to the floor.

"Piggyback...?"

"Miss...it?"

Neji scowled at them. One glare was enough to keep their mouthes shut. He wrapped his hand under my thighs and calmly walked past the frozen junin.

I laid my head into his back and sighed, breathing in his hyuga smell. Neji was the closest brother I had when it came to blood relation.

He was kind and sweet. Sometimes treated me to dango and helped me train. He was so good. The perfect gentleman. Any girl would be happy to have him. It pained me how he died in the end.

Of course I was extremely sad when watching it. But now, when he was right here with me, in this world, the sorrow was too much to bare.

My hands gripped harder around his neck as I buried my face deeper into his back to hide my tears. I was probably choking him and he was later going to notice the wetness of his shirt but I didn't care.

If he noticed anything, he didn't say it, to which I was grateful for. Why did he have to die? In fact, why did any of them have to die.

Neji

Itachi

Nagato

Konan

Yahiko

Jiraiya

Obito

Inoichi

Shibiku

Akatsuki

The jinchuriki

Sai's brother

Granny Chio

Everyone.

They all had to die for what? Some measly plot? If I had the chance, I would've saved everyone. And I did get the chance. But what happened? Some dumb talking stone decided to stick to the damn story!

Urgh!

"Rin~hime? We've arrived."

"Oh."

I wiped my snot in his shirt and got down. He didn't seem bothered by it. "Rin~hime." My ears perked up at my name and I looked at him. He was starring at me so intently I thought veins would appear anytime soon.

"I don't know what made you sad or what is going in your mind right now. Just know that I would always protect you. Even if my life depends on it."

The tears burst out of me like the Amazon and flowed down like the Nile. There was so much love and determination in his eyes. 

But along with all of that was one that shone most. Something that made my heart twist in my chest. Trust. I saw trust. Trust that he could put his life in my hands. The same hands that would do nothing when the time came for him to...

I wrapped my arms around him, taking him by surprise and almost stumbling him.

"Neji~nii. You don't have to do that. Never, ever, ever, say that again. And never put your life at risk. It's an order from your future leader. Promise me."

He slowly wrapped his arms around me, returning the hug. "I promise Rin~hime." A small smile crept on to my face as an unnoticeable golden thread tied his wrist to my palm and then to a small scroll in my bag before disappearing.

"Good."

Hiya pals! Just to remind you the challenge is still on. This chap is dedicated to my big bro. Bye!!!