Chapter 22

Everyone was gathered in the chapel, all watching in pure delight as Conrad and Elsa exchanged their vows with the choir singing overhead. With the rings exchanged, Conrad then turned to face the bishop, who held the orb and scepter on a pillow. Conrad quickly glanced at Elsa who stood by his side with a huge smile. She nodded, and after taking a breath of confidence, Conrad bowed before the bishop, who placed the crown on his head. After a moment or two, he then picked up the orb and scepter and turned to the crowd in the pews.

The bishop spoke in Old Norse, formally ordaining the prince to now becoming Elsa's king consort. Conrad quickly glanced down at his right where his parents, brothers, and sister all watched him, eyes and hearts full of pride for their eldest. On his left, Anna, Kristoff, Gerda, and Kai sat watching as well. Both Anna and Signe wore new coronation dresses for the occasion, both looking stunning. And in the far back of the chapel, flanked by guards, stood Hans.

"I present to you their majesties, Queen Elsa, and her King Consort, Conrad of Arendelle!" The bishop finished, Conrad placed the orb and scepter back as Elsa wrapped her arm around Conrad's, sharing smiles as the crowed before them stood and applauded for their queen and the new king. Conrad brought Elsa in for a kiss before they made their way down the aisle back to the castle to prepare for the party later on.

Once they were alone, Conrad swept Elsa up into his arms, spinning her around, both laughing excitedly like little children.

"Through all the trials and tribulations, here we are... married, and king and queen together." He said, unable to stop smiling. Elsa nodded.

"One year ago I never thought I would see myself married, but here we are... I couldn't be happier. And I know that my mother and father would've loved you." He pulled her close to him again, nuzzling his nose against hers.

"I can't wait for you again tonight..." He whispered close to her ear, sending shivers down her spine, she knew what he was talking about.

"Me too, we'll be able to do more as well than we did previously." Suddenly the thought of Elsa having an heir soon crossed her mind, but she quickly pushed it aside, as right now was hers and Conrad's moment to enjoy together, not just as husband and wife, but as king and queen.

"And I must say, you look absolutely stunning in your dress." Elsa grinned. She was proud of her wedding dress, and she was delighted knowing that Conrad agreed.

"Your majesties," Kai called, interrupting their moment, "it's time for you to greet your guests in the ballroom." Elsa nodded.

"Thank you, Kai." Clasping hands, they followed Kai where they waited for him to get their guests' attention.

"May I present to you, Queen Elsa, and her king consort, Conrad, of Arendelle!" The couple walked out before the royal throne, hand in hand, both grinning broadly. Anna was introduced alongside Kristoff moments after. The crowd applauded for the royals before getting back to dancing, and with the attention off of them for a short time, Anna turned to Elsa and her new brother in law.

"This is honestly the best year we've all had." The princess said enthusiastically, Elsa chuckled in agreement.

"I must agree that it has been. Many positive changes have come to all of us, and I couldn't be happier."

"Elsa! Conrad!" Someone called out. They turned to see Signe, Oliver, and Tobias politely pushing through the crowd to go up to their brother. Signe gave her big brother a huge hug like she always did, Oliver and Tobias followed suit.

"We are beyond happy for you both," Oliver said, nodding to his sister in law.

"Thank you, Oliver. We are absolutely delighted to have all of you here." Magda and Gerhard joined the group, both dressed up for the occasion as well. Magda and Gerhard were incredibly proud of their eldest son.