Chapter 13

Another four days passed, no issues, no complications, just trying to live life and move forward. Conrad's healing had gone incredibly smoothly, and soon, he was allowed up on his feet with just a slight limp, not noticeable unless one paid close attention. Elsa had contributed to his healing, using her ice to help soothe any inflammation in and around the wound.

Conrad's parents were thrilled with the development.

In the meanwhile, Anna and Kristoff had been spending time with Conrad's younger siblings, getting to know them better and creating a lasting friendship. Anna and Signe especially got along well to no one's surprise. And Conrad was able to spend time with his brothers.

Tobias could read his older brother like a book, he knew how his brother was feeling, especially about his feelings toward the young queen.

"Are you gonna make a move soon or what?" He asked.

"Soon," Conrad replied simply. And that was really all he could say. Like Elsa, he wanted to take as much time as they both needed before either made a move forward, but Conrad was already thinking ahead about all the possibilities. He kept it to himself though, taking Elsa's feelings and mental health into consideration.

"She's super cool, her icy powers and stuff are so awesome to watch!" Signe had told him.

The two families gathered together for dinner before Conrad's family left. There, they all truly got to know each other.

Anna asked what their royal family name was, "Skovgaard." Gerhard replied with a proud grin. Immediately, all three boys and Signe rolled their eyes.

"What?" Elsa asked in amusement.

"Dad has a whole story about how we got our family name. It's incredibly boring."

"It is not, it's a very noble story."

"Dad, we all know that our ancestors used to live near the woods. It's a rags to riches story." Oliver responded. Elsa snickered, hers and Anna's royal name was Árnadalr, it simply meant "Home Arendelle", or at least that's what their father used to tell them. The girls found it very entertaining to listen to Conrad and his siblings bicker with each other and their father. Magda rolled her eyes.

"Having dinner when they were young was... an experience." The queen said in exasperation. Elsa giggled and gently nudged Conrad's shoulder, silently telling him to cut it out. He took her signal and gestured for his siblings to do the same.

After dinner, while Conrad went with his family went to the other guest suites to help them prepare for their journey home the next morning, Elsa decided she wanted to stay up a little later. She made her way into the library and began scouring the shelves for something to read when she saw Anna come in.

"Hey, Anna." Elsa said.

"You seem to get along really well with Conrad's family," Anna remarked with a grin, plopping down on one of the lounge couches. Elsa smiled as she picked out a book and took a seat on one of the single chairs.

"You too. You and Signe hit it off really well." Anna laughed.

"Girl after my own heart. I could overhear them and the boys bugging Conrad about you and him being together."

"Is that right?" Elsa asked. Anna nodded, "well they're all lovely people and I'm glad to have met them. His mother and father are wonderful, they've done a wonderful job with all four of them." Anna smiled.

"That's so sweet, Elsa. So... when do you think Conrad might make a move?" Elsa looked at her sister in slight surprise.

"Make a move? Anna, he's still recovering from being stabbed. I doubt he'll want to make any kind of romantic gesture soon. Plus... I mean, we still-"

"Need to get to know each other? C'mon Elsa, even I can tell how much you really like him. I think you both have shown that." Anna interrupted. She crossed her arms, she may still be young, but Anna could tell that her sister was quite smitten, but she also could tell that Elsa was hesitant about entering a committed relationship anytime soon. Maybe in a year? That's always a possibility. Time would tell.