Chapter 15

Fall had come and gone. The brilliant, fiery leaves had dropped from the trees, leaving only the pines to stand out on the hills. It was now December, nearing the holiday season, the air was colder, and the first heavy snowfall of the season had already come and gone. Arendelle was preparing for its first Christmas since Elsa's coronation.

Conrad had been busy helping around the castle putting up decorations and within Arendelle.

Since deciding he wanted to stay and live in Arendelle, he'd been heavily involved in daily life. The Arendellians loved him, and naturally, most of them thought he was a perfect match for their queen. Conrad especially got along well with the children of the village, it was mostly them asking him stories about his kingdom and any traditions his family had during the holidays.

Outside the castle, Arendellian's were hanging up wreaths on flagposts, bearing new winter blue and deep pink flags with a ram symbol sewn on.

Inside, Kai was placing ornaments on the triplet trees in the front hall. He began to hang one up when suddenly Olaf burst out of the tree with a huge grin on his face.

"SURPRISE!!!" The snowman exclaimed, startling Kai.

"No yet, Olaf." Maid carried plates past knights' armor, and Olaf burst out of one of the knights' heads, startling the maids, who nearly dropped their plates.

"Not yet, Olaf." They said, carrying on. Another servant was placing an Olaf shaped present down, when the real Olaf came up behind him.

"Surprise!!!" The servant fell headfirst into the pile of gifts.

*sigh* "Not yet, Olaf." In a large dining halls, Anna entered, wearing a new winter outfit, pine needles and holly berries adorned and woven into her braid.

"Whoa." The princess breathed upon seeing the decorations. She walked up to the table covered in food and Christmas sweets, a tower of sweet bread on a plate, decorated with tiny flags.

"Hello!" She exclaimed upon seeing it. She reached forward to sneak a taste of it, when suddenly Olaf popped out of the tower and into Anna's arms.

"SURPRISE!"

"Olaf! Not yet!" The princess laughed.

"Anna's right!" Elsa said, coming down the stairs, touching up some decor with her ice magic, "Our surprise holiday party until after the bell rings."

"Sorry, the suspense is tearing me apart!" Olaf said. Elsa chuckled as Anna put Olaf back together.

"Where's Conrad?"

"Right here!" The prince replied, coming down the stairs, dressed up in his own holiday attire, both girls grinned seeing up.

"Don't you look dashing!" Anna grinned. Conrad laughed.

"Thanks Anna, you both look wonderful." He pressed a kiss to Elsa's cheek. They turned their attention back to the snowman.

"I'm excited too, Olaf. This is Arendelle's first Christmas in forever!" Elsa plucked a stray flag from Olaf with a smile.

"The first of many to come!"

"Elsa look! They're arriving!" Anna exclaimed looking out the window. The princess ran over excitedly, "Look at everyone, they don't realize, we planned a party as a big surprise!" The three of them watched as the castle servants finished placing everything where it should be for the party. Conrad was very excited himself! He hoped to introduce some of his family traditions to the sisters.

"Soon the ballroom will echo with sounds of cheer as we ring in the season this year!" Anna hit the decorative bells, each chime filling the room with a beautiful sound. Elsa plucked a pair of decorative leaves from a wreath and placed it on Olaf as a little bowtie.