Chapter 4

Shortly before noon, Elsa made sure everything was prepared. With food and the horses set up, Elsa went to go speak with Kai, Gerda, and Edvard.

"We expect to be back sometime before or after sunset. Don't worry about us, we will be fine." The three nodded and said goodbye as the four left. Kristoff, of course, took Sven while Anna, Elsa, and Conrad took horses.

Conrad admired the scenery as they headed deep into the mountains following Kristoff. Autumn was truly one of the most beautiful season's nature had to offer, and he couldn't help but notice how beautiful Elsa looked in the sunlight shining through the leaves, dappled in deep red, purple and gold, she looked like a painting. He hoped she didn't notice him staring, though it seemed like Anna noticed. The princess nudged her horse forward.

"I can see you watching my sister." She said. Conrad blushed sightly and rubbed his neck.

"Yeah... I won't deny it." Anna smiled.

"My sister doesn't always say what's on her mind, but I can tell she's taken a liking to you, and I can see you feel the same." Conrad looked over at her.

"That right?" Anna nodded.

"Definitely! Elsa has this whole thing about not getting with anyone after a day, so I mean... you've known her for almost a week, you could try flirting with her. I don't think she'll mind!" Conrad looked at her with surprise and amusement.

"Are you giving me advice?"

"Take it more as a suggestion."

Conrad obviously hadn't intended to come to Arendelle to court the queen, but if the two of them got to know each other more and become more comfortable spending time more intimately, then perhaps he wouldn't mind. He just hoped Elsa was comfortable with it. He didn't want to push her into anything, knowing that she was still trying to get more comfortable talking to nobility from other kingdoms, especially princes and lords.

After what felt like an hour of riding, they approached a small canyon up ahead. The horses stopped in their tracks, whinnying uncomfortably.

"Whoa! Easy, easy." Conrad exclaimed, rubbing his horse's neck gently, "Easy boy." The horse knickered at him, so Conrad took that as a signal to get off. Elsa and Anna had already done the same and were securing them up to a nearby tree.

"Do the horses usually get skittish here?" Anna nodded.

"Yeah, the horses get 'stay away' vibes from the trolls, we've tried getting them to come into the valley, but they never do." Conrad nodded and secured his horse with the other two, and followed Kristoff, Anna, and Elsa into the valley. It was eerily quiet, with only the sounds of the geysers and the wind blowing through. It gave an eerie feeling.

"Hey all, I'm home!" Kristoff called out. Conrad thought that was a bit strange.

"Home? Wha-" Before he could finish, boulders came rolling in out of nowhere, nearly knocking him over a few times. Startled, he quickly joined Anna and Elsa to the side, both of whom shared a mischievous smile on their faces. Conrad gave them an incredibly confused look.

"What on earth?" Suddenly, the boulders, all surrounding Kristoff, unfurled, revealing faces... Lots, and lots of faces.

"Kristoff's home!!!" One shouted. All at once they tackled the ice harvester to the ground.

"The... trolls turn themselves into rocks?" Conrad asked in shock. Anna nodded, joining Kristoff's side.

"And he brought the princess!!!" Another troll exclaimed, giving her a hug.