Chapter 17

Conrad and Kai followed the girls to the stables where they found Kristoff and Sven, the latter who was trying to tell Kristoff something by doing an impression.

"Oh no! Olaf's lost in the forest-" Anna exclaimed.

"And being chased by hungry wolves?" Elsa finished. Sven nodded.

"Yeah! Obviously..." Kristoff said.

"Ring the bell, gather everyone!" Anna said to Kai. Conrad looked at the girls, taking a lantern.

"You two got all that from a reindeer?" He asked, the girls giggled and shrugged. Kristoff called for Sven to follow them.

Elsa, Anna, and Conrad went around town asking villagers if they'd seen Olaf, saying he was lost and needed help. They, Kristoff, Sven and the villagers wandered into the forest, all with lanterns, well into the night, calling out for the lost snowman.

"Olaf!"

"Olaf, where are you?!"

"Any sign of him?" Elsa asked Anna.

"No!" Anna replied.

"I can't find him anywhere." Conrad said.

"Olaf!" Anna called out, "Olaf! Where are you!"

"He's... not here." A meek voice came from underneath a pile of snow. Elsa, Anna and Conrad all breathed a sigh of relief finding him sitting at the base of a tree.

"Hmm, I wonder where he went." Anna said as they kneeled down.

"Well, he probably went on a mission to find traditions for Anna and Elsa."

"Oh... and did he find any?" Elsa asked.

"He did, but then they caught fire." Conrad blinked, "and fell off a cliff." Sven approached them, sniffing the snow furiously, stopping at Olaf's feet, "and then they caught fire again." Sven took Olaf's carrot nose in his mouth and pulled him out of the snow pile.

"And then a hawk took them." Olaf sighed, "I'm sorry, you still don't have a tradition." He looked up at Anna and Elsa, almost tearful.

"But we do, Olaf." Anna said, holding up the box for him, "Look." Olaf looked into the box, filled with drawings and a little toy, all of Olaf.

"Wait, is that...?"

"Anna made these, years ago. When we first made you. You were the one who brought us together, and kept us connected when we were apart."

"Every Christmas, I made Elsa a gift. All those long years alone, we had you to remind us of our childhood."

"Of how much we still loved each other."

"It's you, Olaf. You are our tradition!" Elsa said with a huge smile.

"Me?"

"Surprise!" Anna said. She and Elsa hugged Olaf. And Conrad smiled at him.

"You're the glue to this family," Conrad said, "and even though I haven't been a part of it for very long, I'm happy to call you a part of mine!" Olaf gasped and went to hug him, to which Conrad returned it.

"Sure, it's nice to open a gift that's tied up with a perfect bow." Elsa used her magic to create an new bow for Olaf, made of ice.

"But the greatest present of all was given to me long ago." Elsa stood up and took Olaf's hand in hers.

"It's something I would never trade. It's the family that we've made."

"Olaf!" Villagers greeted in relief. Elsa took Conrad's hand in hers now as Olaf went to the village children.

"Cause when we're together, I have everything on my list." Villagers covered Olaf in gifts and clothing.

"And when we're together, I have all I wished." Anna danced around with children while Kristoff watched with a huge smile. Conrad stood with Elsa, hugging her close and giving her a kiss on the cheek.

"All around the Christmas tree, there'll be dreams coming true!"

"But when we're together, then my favorite gift is you." Using her magic, Elsa created a decorative fence, Olaf chasing after it eagerly. Together, they followed the path with the villagers.

"I would travel miles and miles. And I would follow any star. I'd go almost any place. If it's any place you are." Above the mountains, the northern lights shimmered and danced above. They reached a new location where Elsa took Anna's hands and spun around on the ice together. There, everyone began to set up to celebrate, Elsa creating tables of ice to place food and decorations from the castle.

"'Cause when we're together. When we're together. I'll forever feel at home. And when we're together. When we're together. We'll be safe and warm. Doesn't matter where we are. If you're there with me." Elsa went forward and created a gorgeous Christmas tree made of ice, Conrad watching her in wonder.

"'Cause when we're together. That's my favorite place. To be. 'Cause when we're together. It's a holiday every night. And when we're together. Then the season's bright!" Elsa took some lanterns given by the villagers to hang up on the tree, giving it a new kind of magical glow. Then Anna gave Elsa their Olaf toy, covering it in ice, forming a star, with the toy suspended in the middle. Kristoff, Anna, and Conrad watched as Elsa gave the star to Olaf and carried him up to the top of the tree.

"I don't need the bells to ring. I don't need the bells. I'll know when it's here. I'll know when it's here. 'Cause when we're together. I could stay forever. And when we're together."

"It's my favorite time of year." They all joined in, arms wrapped around each other. Magic lit up the trees surrounding the village. Elsa looked up at Olaf perched on Sven's head.

"Well, I think Arendelle has a new tradition."

"Thank you, Olaf." Suddenly, something fell onto him. It was the fruitcake, the hawk screeched as it flew away.

"The fruitcake! It's a Christmas miracle!" They all laughed. Elsa looked at Conrad.

"I can imagine that you'll have quite the story to tell your family back home." She chuckled. Conrad nodded.

"I do." Anna grinned.

"Conrad was telling me earlier about what his family used to do for the holidays."

"Oh really?" Anna nodded.

"I think we should merge his traditions with ours." Anna said. Conrad smiled.

"I think that's a wonderful idea." Elsa said, "Next Christmas will be even better." Conrad pulled her close.

"I cannot wait." Moments later, they looked up to see Olaf dangling mistletoe above them, hanging from Sven's antlers. They all chuckled.

"Olaf!" Elsa exclaimed, a bit embarrassed. Olaf chortled, Conrad snickered and brought her in for a kiss.

"I love you, Elsa. Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas, Conrad."