Chapter 19

The morning of New Year's Eve, Signe was up and early with the sun. Unlike her brother, she was usually quite energetic in the mornings. He didn't know how she managed to always be a morning person, but she pulled it off well. She went to her vanity to brush out her short hair, tying two strands into braids and then tying them together into a bun, the rest of her hair loose.

Because today was a holiday, she opted for her formal attire she'd brought with her. A beautiful dusty rose colored skirt and cap sleeved bodice, with cream and white sleeves trimmed with the finest lace and beading. She put on her shoes and put on some subtle makeup on, making sure everything looked perfect before making her way downstairs.

She greeted Kai and Gerda and the other servants around the castle, getting a few compliments on her dress.

"Well, good morning Signe." She turned around to see Elsa coming down the stairs with a

smile on her face, all dressed up as well in an off-white blue dress that shimmered in every angle of light. An ice tiara sat atop the queen's head, where her hair was elegantly done up in twin French braids tied into a bun. The princess grinned.

"Morning Elsa!"

"I can tell you're quite ready for tonight." Signe nodded.

"Absolutely! I feel honored that I get to spend it with you all as well." Elsa smiled.

"As am I." Shortly after, Conrad came down the stairs, followed by Anna and Kristoff.

"Morning everyone!" Anna said, sliding down the bannister and landing next to Kristoff. Elsa gave each of them a hug, and gave Conrad a kiss on the cheek.

"I'm so glad to see everyone slept well and is ready for the day." Olaf soon shuffled over to the group.

"So what is New Years?" Anna giggled.

"It means that we celebrate the old year and welcome in the new!"

"And just like Christmas, we have special traditions!" Signe added.

"Oh! Like what?"

"Well, you get to plan your resolutions! What you want to change, what you want to make better. And everyone has at least one!" The princesses delightfully explained the tradition to Olaf while Elsa, Conrad, and Kristoff watched in bemusement.

"It never fails to amuse me at how childlike Olaf is. It's kind of adorable." Conrad couldn't help but remark with a smile. Elsa and Kristoff nodded in agreement.

"Oh trust me, I know." Elsa replied.

A few moments later, Elsa led them all out front where the main celebration would be held with the kingdom. Signe was thoroughly impressed.

"You guys really go out with the decorations! I love it!" Conrad agreed, though he got a little caught up with how beautiful Elsa looked in her new dress. While Kristoff, Anna and Signe went to talk with some servants, Elsa stood by Conrad's side.

"I can see you watching me." She said. Conrad paused for a moment, but then blushed, laughing a bit awkwardly.

"I couldn't help it, you just look absolutely stunning in that new dress of yours." Elsa gave him a mischievous little smile. And he gave her a look.

"What's that smile?" She just chuckled. "Well, I have a surprise for you tonight when the clock strikes midnight." Now it was her turn to give him a look.

"A surprise? Oh boy, I couldn't imagine what you have planned." He playfully rested his hand right above her bottom with a smirk.

"You'll have to wait a few hours." With a laugh, Elsa playfully swatted his hand away to go join her sister and let the kingdom in. Signe came over to him.