Fire ⭐️ Tony/ Bucky (request)

Song: Coldplay - the scientist.

Imagine; your apartment gets set on fire.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

'I got her Tony!' Bucky says as he carries your limp body out of the apartment you used to call home.

Everything burned down, and if it wasn't for Bucky you would've burned down with it.

'Oh thank god...' Tony replies relieved.

'I think she passed out from the smoke, I think she'll be okay...she has a few burns...'

'Tony...' your voice barely comes out of your throat, it comes out high pitched, like a whine.

'I'm gonna bring you to him doll...don't you worry...we got you...'

'Tony, you couldn't have prevented this..'

'I was gonna wait...until the one year anniversary...I was gonna give her the key to my house and hopefully she would move in with me...if I had just given her the key sooner she wouldn't be here right now...'

'You can't possibly blame yourself for this Tony....y/n wouldn't want you to blame yourself okay?'

'Because of my issues she will spend weeks in the hospital...weeks full of pain...because I was too dumb to not make sure she was safe!'

'Tony...' you say opening your eyes.

The raising of his voice makes you wake up in an instant. You turn your head to look at his concerned state.

He looks horrible, red rims around his eyes and bags under them. Knowing how he acts when things like this happen, he probably hasn't slept or eaten anything in the past few days. 

'Hey baby..' he smiles grabbing your hand and you wince.

'Sorry I...'

'It's okay...' you sigh with a smile on your face, you prop yourself up, sitting up against the soft mattress.

'I'm so sorry-'

'Stop apologising, I can tell by the way you look that the guilt has been eating you alive...this sign your fault baby...' you lay your burned hand on his and you can see another wave of guilt wash over him.

Then it happens, the first attack since you've been awake and doing okay.

The nurse drops a glass and it takes you right back to the moment the glass window broke and the flames started going around your apartment.

Your hands start to shake as you stare at the door.

'Y/n...' Tony's voice is distant and in slow motion, it's not enough to pull you out. 

'Y/n...' the sound is back, but still not enough.

You're back in that house, the flames trying to catch you as you try to crawl out. You claw at the ground but eventually the smoke gets too thick and you can't breathe. And the heat, you're feeling the heat again.

The smell of burning flesh and thick smoke reaches your nose again.

'So hot..so hot....need to get out...need to get out...' you murmur on repeat.

'Tony...Tony where are you...Tony...' you add to it as you tighten the grip you have on the sheets.

'Baby...hey...y/n...come back to me, you're not in their anymore...you're out...you're safe...' Tony repeats and slowly you come back to reality.

Your eyes dart around the room and roam over your body. You don't even want to cry but still tears form in your eyes.

This starts to happen more often. Mainly because of the other avengers provoking you a bit sometimes, telling you it's good to provoke it.

They also tell you to "get over it" and to "just let it go". But you can't. It gets worse and worse. Until one day Tony starts to yell at the other avengers while you're sleeping.

He got so mad at them that they started to feel guilty too. You got some apologies and slowly but surely life started to roll again.

It didn't get much better though, you still stare, you still get nightmares, you still cry every day. But at least Tony is there to give you some comfort.

'Tony?' You ask walking into his lab with your robe on.

'Yes hun?' He asks immediately turning his attention form the equipment to you.

You feel bad for even thinking it, but ever since the whole fire thing, he does have more time for you.

'You okay?' He asks when you just stare at him. 

He gets up from his chair and moves over to you, gently taking your hand and kissing your wrist.

'Yeah yeah I'm fine...I just...Tony...I want you to be completely honest with me because I really-'

'What is it?'

'Do you think I still look pretty?, even with all these marks?' You ask and he chuckles as he steps even closer.

'Honey, you always look hot no matter what...I even think you look more beautiful than ever...and if I'm honest...I would take you right here right now...'

'But?' You smirk at him.

'Not before you understand that you are gorgeous...and before you are feeling better because I can see right through you..you're not fine..'

'Not this again...'

'Yes this again y/n...you don't think I see what's going on but I do...'

'You still feel guilty too you've got nothing on me...'

'I know...but I can stop feeling guilty once you get better...'

'If I get better...'