Happy endings pt. 2 ⭐️ Steve

Song: Great One - Jessie Reyez.

'Y/n!, wait!' Steve yells as he rushes after you he grabs your wrist and pulls you back.

'You know..Tony was right...About you...you'll always chose a Carter over me and that's fine...but don't lie to me and tell me you feel the same...'

'But I'm not lying...'

'I just need a break, I need space...from you...' you rip your arm loose and you can see his heart breaking.

'Don't go please...' his voice breaks and you close your eyes and turn your head away, the tears slowly starting to fall.

'I need you...'

'And I needed you...but you're too busy for me...so this time I'll waist no time on this...not like I did ever since I got here...' you reply choking up.

'I'm sorry...' he whispers and you shake your head just as you turn.

You turn your back to him and walk away, clutching the strap of your bag. Trying to keep the emotions in.

No calls. No texts. No nothing.

You're done and you don't plan on going back ever again, of course you keep in touch with everyone, everyone except him.

'You coming with us to Jen's after party?' Your friend asks and you shake your head.

'I'm going to walk home, clear my head a little bit...' you say goodbye and you start walking home.

You end up in the square with a large fountain in the middle of it.

'If you hold the pencil like this you get fine lines, if you hold it like that you can make them thicker...' Steve guides you.

'Let's draw each other...but like the little version, on like a postcard..'

'Feeling confident now?' He chuckles.

'Shut up...' you playfully shove him and he laughs even harder.

'Okay okay...lets do it...' he replies and hands you a postcard size paper and you gladly take it.

You start drawing, your focus on the paper, your tongue sticking out and your brows furrowed.

It's making Steve fall even more for you, you are funny and kind, but also gorgeous.

After a while Steve lays down his pencil and so do you. You count to three and present each other.

'Well now I feel bad for giving you mine...especially when yours is way too pretty...'

Steve chuckles and takes your version of him. A literal stick figure with a shield, starts surrounding the figure.

You take his, it's a gorgeous drawing of you drawing with your tongue out of your mouth and furrowed brows.

'I love this, this is the best thing I ever got from anyone...' Steve chuckles taking a closer look.

'Liar...' you scoff. 

You smile at the memory. You do miss spending time with him, but you can't anymore, not with the feelings threatening to take over.

You take out the folded postcard and you smile at it. you did have good times with him. But that's over now.

You're so caught up in your thoughts that you don't expect to bump into something, making you let go of the card, which falls into the fountain.

'Oh no!' You shriek as you fish up the now dripping wet card that's basically falling apart.

'I'm so sorry....I...' you hear a familiar voice and you turn to see the man it belongs to.

'Steve...' you breathe.

'Y/n...' he replies a bit shocked.

'I'm so sorry I didn't mean to bump into you like that...' he apologises.

'It's alright...I wasn't paying attention...' you reply.

'I...how have you been I mean...'

'Good...good...I'm missing the team but I manage...' you chuckle awkwardly. 'How about you?'

'Good...' he replies and you nod.

'I'm sorry for what I said...' you break the silence. 'I said some mean stuff...'

'You had every right to I am a moron...after you left I tried the whole dating thing with Sharon...'

'And?' You ask genuinely interested.

'I realised some things...'

'Like?'

'Well for one she isn't you...she doesn't make me laugh like you do and she doesn't make my heart stop like you...'

You're taken aback by his words. He still loves you?. After all this time he's still not over you?.

'So I'm the one who should be apologising...'

'I guess we're both pretty stupid...especially when it comes to love...'

'You didn't have any luck?'

'With those regular assholes?, no way...' you chuckle.

'They didn't hurt you did they?'

'Not as much as I hurt them back...' you reply.

Then it happens. You two fall silent as you start gazing into each other's eyes.

Your eyes flick to his lips and back and his flick to yours and back.

You both stand up and press your lips together. You wrap your fingers in his hair and he wraps his arms around your waist.

Suddenly there's a spotlight on you two.

'Get some Rogers!' You hear Tony's voice and you both jump back wiping your mouths.

'Who's that?!' Tony asks and you look up.

'Oh shit, Nat fly she's gonna kill me...' you can hear him say and you chuckle.

You turn back and see the drawing Steve once made of you all dead on the stone.

'Oh no the drawing...' you pout.

Steve pulls you against him and smiles at you.

'I'll make another one don't worry...' he says before planting his lips on yours again.