Chapter Thirty-Four

From there,  things moved fast. They got the materials, they laid out a plan, they left. Nobody wasted any time, especially not Jungkook. Everything was set up within the hour, and it was immediately put into execution.

Three groups. Three entrances to the building. One shot.

Monster and Yoongi would take the roof and find an entrance from there, Jin and Jungkook would bust through the main entrance while  Taehyung  and Hoseok broke in through an east side entrance. They assumed it was a warehouse due to the wording of the note, but if not, they would have to figure out a different plan on the spot. They hadn't made a Plan B back at the house. Things just moved too fast.

"This is it?"

Jungkook brought his phone closer to his face to respond to Yoongi's call. Jin and him were still a few blocks away. "What does it look like? Is it a warehouse? A house?"

"It's a pretty big warehouse, just....."

"Just what?"

"It's  completely deteriorated." Taehyung's voice came through the group call. "Are we sure they even use this?"

"There's a truck on the block, they've got to."

"We'll be there soon, I'll call you then," Jungkook answered quickly, then put his phone in his back pocket. "Jin, which way next?"

"Why are you asking me?" Jin scoffed. "I thought I had a fucking problem."

Jungkook sighed to himself. They were moving through the alleys quickly, everything was going efficiently, but he couldn't work with Jin if he was still upset from their fight. It wasn't how a family worked. 

"Jin, I'm sorry, okay? I don't know if you heard me before, but I didn't mean any of it. Nothing. I was just....." 

He swallowed. He hated admitting how weak he felt when Miyeon was taken, how his only emotions were anger and sadness and he let them out on innocent people, like Jin.

"You were scared. I get it. I promise." 

Jungkook looked to his right at Jin's expression. His eyes stayed forward, his face stony, but it didn't look angry. 

"Jungkook, you clearly were affected the most, and I'm sorry about that, but...." He glanced at Jungkook briefly, "you know I would never want to hurt you. I never want you to be that scared,  or feel alone, or feel like you've lost everyone. Because you haven't. I'll always be your brother."

Jungkook smiled weakly. After all of the time with tragedy running through his mind, he forgot how good it felt to have a family.  To be reminded that no matter what you lose, you'll have a home. 

Jin smirked. "And as your brother I couldn't let you do stupid, crazy shit."

Jungkook rolled his eyes. "I know. Are we good now?"

"Of course we--"

Jin stopped mid-sentence, staring ahead of him. Jungkook looked forward and saw it, knowing what it was as soon as he laid eyes on it. 

"This is the warehouse, isn't it?"

"Yep. They were right about it being jacked up."

The yellow bricks were stained and crumbling from the corners, most of the low windows already smashed in. A long ladder to the roof was abruptly cut off halfway down; Jungkook prayed there was a way for Monster and Yoongi to scale the building on another side.

"Why would Letchner choose such a fucked up building for something so important?"

"Think about it," Jin responded. "If you passed by this, would you suspect anything important behind held in here?"