Chapter Five

Monster was terrifying.

During the whole conversation with him, she refused to admit it to herself or show it, but he was the most powerful leader she ahd ever seen. Letchner, despite his larger empire, did not come close to Monster's potential. Miyeon knew Bangtan would eventually succeed greatly. He had the ability to take control over everything, but wasn't violent, but was still intimidating enough to earn immediate respect. Miyeon had to be stubborn in response, not because she wanted to show disrespect, but because the codes needed ultimate protection. They were really her only leverage.

Meanwhile, Jungkook was failing at earning her respect. 

"Can you move a little faster, you cripple?"

"Shut up, asshole."

They arrived at a staircase. Miyeon prepared for the pain to come and clenched her jaw.

"What are you doing?" Jungkook asked accusingly. 

Miyeon looked down and realized just how hard she was gripping Jungkook's arm. She flung it off.

Don't apologize to him.

SHe heard Jungkook scoff but avoided eye contact. "You can hang on if you're that weak."

"I'm not weak, asshole. Omly one of us has a stab wound."

He offered his arm back smugly. She took it up the steps but refused to look at him. Besides, she had more important things to focus on than Jungkook's egotistical comments. Like the unbearable pain her stomach was feeling every time she went up a step. She felt her face twist up and her breath get loud and shallow, but she didn't have any more strength to stubbornly cover it up. She stopped three quarters of the way up and fortunately Jungkook didn't tug her along. Miyeon clenched her eyes and her head felt like it was stuffed with helium, but she refused to let herself lose consciousness. She stood and panted through the shocks of pain passing through. 

"You good?" she heard Jungkook ask after a few seconds. Miyeon inhaled deeply and nodded, then began another step. 

It was a mistake.

"Shit, shit, shit!" Jungkook's voice called out in the swirling blackness. She felt herself fall weightlessly, Jungkook swearing and grappling at her arms before she hit the wooden stairs. Everything kept getting darker, all she could smell and taste was blood.

Where was she? Who was touching her? 

"Please help me," she whispered helplessly. Her hands were n the edge of the stair ahead of her, her stomach was sucked in and blood dripped on the wood. "How much...blood is there?"

Her mind wasn't working. Her words fell out messy. She didn't even know what she was asking.

"Jimin! Jin! Help!" Jungkook's voice rang out again. She felt two hands wrap around her waist. The left one brushed her wound and white hot pain erupted. She cried out and the hands flung off. 

"Fuck!" 

Her eyes finally opened to a blurry Jungkook going down on his hands and knees next to her face. Another man appeared at the top of the stairs. 

"Holy shit, Jungkook.  what happened?" He made his way down he steps to the two of them. 

"We waited too long--" Miyeon couldn't hear the rest with the blood pounding in her ears. Her eyes gave up again, and so did her consciousness.

Someone reached under her knees and back, swinging her up from the steps to be carried. She didn't know who it was. She couldn't see where they were going through he darkness taking over.