Chapter Eighteen

Jungkook turned off the TV and groaned. He never watched TV, as he found it boring compared to his own job. But now that he couldn't actually do his work, boredom was draining the life out of him. 

Monster had been in his office working, probably on whatever information Miyeon gave him, and nobody else was back from their jobs from the previous night. Jin and Yoongi would have to be returning soon if it was just a shipment raid. Who knew when the others would find Marcono. 

Jungkook heard a door open and close upstairs. He bolted to his feet, desperate for Monster to give him something to do. "Monster? Is that you?"

"Yeah," Monster said, descending the stairs. He gave Jungkook a confused look. "What are you doing?"

Jungkook realized his awkward stance against the couch. He clasped his hands together. "Monster, please, there's gotta be a job you can put me on! A small deal, a one man hitman job, it can be right around the corner if you want, but please!" 

"Knock it off," Monster waved him away. "You have two days left of probation, you'll survive."

Jungkook groaned dramatically. Monster only scoffed.

"Fine, do you want to play cards or something?" Jungkook knew the answer would be no, since he never really played games in the house. His usual poker partners were after Marcono, so it was his only option.

Monster simply shook his head. "I'm sorry, Jungkook. You're going to have to find something else to occupy yourself. Didn't you have nay hobbies before joining the family?"

Jungkook scowled. "Weed."

"Right. Well, find something else."

Jungkook stomped off to find cards. As soon as those jackasses come home, we're playing the best poker game they've ever done. He went upstairs, knowing that Jimin had them by his bedside. 

Miyeon's door was cracked open. She definitely wasn't going anywhere. Maybe it wasn't a bad idea to....

But am I really THAT bored?

He went to Jimin's room and grabbed the cards, but he stopped once again at Miyeon's room. She probably would say yes....she has nothing better to do......she--

"Is someone outside the door?" her voice called out. "You can come in if you want."

Jungkook sighed and pushed the door open. 

"Oh. Hey."

Jungkook nodded a greeting, but immediately went and sat on the edge of her bed. He tossed the cards down on the blanket. "We're playing."

Miyeon's face twisted up. "I don't know any card games, unless you wanna play go fish."

He laughed at her, causing her to cross her arms. "Here, I'll teach you poker."

"You can't play poker with two people."

"Yeah, but it's the game I like. At least if you know how to play it, you can use it later."

Jungkook laid all the cards down. Miyeon sat up, intrigued. 

"Pay attention, Prick. I'm only doing this once."

"I'm not going anywhere."