Chapter One

"Jungkook, what did I tell you?"

"Monster, I know, but you have to--"

"What did I tell you?"

Jungkook sighed. "I'm not supposed to do deals alone."

"It's not that I don't trust you! It's a matter of safety! We're a small family, Jungkook. We take pride in our success without needing numbers. But as soon as one of us is taken down in a dirty deal--" his eyes flashed red "--it will destroy all of us."

Jungkook looked at the floor. "I understand."

"Anyway, besides the rule-breaking, you did a good job. Charging more for the ounce was risky, but he didn't catch on." He smirked at the brown-haired boy beside him. "And what's our saying?"

"No refunds."

"That's right, Jimin." Monster sat down in an armchair and pulled some papers out of his file. "You can go out again, Jungkook, alone too, but no spontaneous deals. I'm sending you out to make our payment to the supplier."

"The one down on South Side?"

"West." He handed three papers to Jungkook. "One's his address, the others are payment verification. He always gives the real shit, but don't forget to--"

"Double check." Jungkook pocketed the papers. "I'll be back soon."

Jungkook pulled on a black jacket and headed out. He knew what he did before was stupid. How many times had Monster said he wasn't supposed to make drug deals by himself? It was just so frustrating to not be treated the same as the older members. He wasn't much younger than Jimin, and Jimin only joined the Bangtan Family two years before he did. He was allowed to do whatever he wanted, although he usually took Taehyung as a partner in his crimes. Hoseok always fulfilled hitman jobs by himself, but similar to Jimin, it was more fun in numbers. And Yoongi and Seokjin....they were allowed to burn the city down if they had a good reason. Monster trusted them with anything.

So why do I always get treated like a kid?!

He rounded the corner, walking briskly in his black boots. Whatever Monster wanted, he would do. 

Suddenly, a gunshot. A very close gunshot.

Jungkook froze. His hand jumped to his back holster, where not a gun, but a knife was kept. He didn't want to get caught in a fight, not now, but he needed to know where it came from. 

Jungkook heard a shriek. Something like the sound of hits against a body. There was an alleyway just ahead of him he could take cover in. 

He approached the mouth of the alley slowly, hugging the brick wall. He peered down. A man, dressed in brown and gray, was swinging a fist into someone. There was no gun in his or the other person's hand, but this was definitely where the shot happened. Jungkook watched closer, then felt his body tense up. There was a spill of long chestnut hair, which meant one thing; a girl. Jungkook's instincts took off. 

He bolted down the alley, whipping his knife out from his back as he did so. The girl was forced onto the ground, kicking against the force of the man. He had almost reached the two of them when the man screamed and flung himself off the girl. She was immediate. When he sprawled on his back, she didn't hesitate to hoist herself up and relentlessly give him punch after punch. Jungkook stopped a few yards behind the scene, watching the clearly lifeless man take hits from the girl. 

She fucking did it.