S E V E N T Y - F I V E : J O U R N E Y

I walked by Daryl as we were now on the road once more.

The group all gave a collected sigh of relief when we came across a sign saying we weren't more than 30 miles out.

It was still a good distance, but it gave us hope since most of the group had already been walking for so long to D.C.

Daryl was more talkative now since we'd finally sat down last night and had a serious conversation and I couldn't be gladder.

Sophia and him seemed to bond more now that he managed to get over Beth last night and my heart melted when she called him dad with him grinning in response.

It finally felt like everything was falling in place, like we were all becoming a family.

Now all we had to do was get to Wellington, and in one piece.

"How are you and Daryl?" Lee asked after I slowed my pace to the middle of the group. "I sensed some tension between y'all yesterday?"

"We're good now," I smiled at him. "We just had to let go of our demons."

"That's good," Lee smiler. "I'd hate for you two to have problems in your relationship."

"Me too," I nodded, praying that Daryl and I would never drift apart to the point of us possibly breaking up.

"So, you never told me but," Lee says. "Do you two know what you'll name the future grand kid of mine?"

My eye widened.

Daryl and I hadn't officially sat down to discuss baby names.

Everything was cut short before, with the Governor showing up and then the fact that we barely warmed up to each other again yesterday.

"I uh..." I let out a nervous laugh, rubbing the back of my neck. "We don't know actually."

"Well what're Daryl's thoughts on the matter?" Lee cocked an eyebrow.

"I don't know Dad," I shrugged. "I mean, the two of us haven't exactly sat down and discussed baby names while we're busy fighting for survival."

"I'm just saying that you two need to discuss that by now," he raised his hands in defense. "Maybe you should talk to him about that sometime today."

"Maybe later, when we've found a place for tonight or if we reach Wellington by today," I sighed, staring at the back of Daryl's angel winged vest.

Lee nodded and fell in silence as we continued on.

We soon stopped alongside the road, and had about another 15 or so miles ahead of us.

I immediately began a fire and shivered as I tried to get warm with the remainder of the group following suit.

Kira left once more, bounding off into the woods for his daily hunt.

"We have to reach Wellington by tonight," Rick sighed from beside me. "We can't stay out here another night. Not with Judith."

I nodded, but dreaded the next few hours as I knew we would have to pick up the pace if we wanted to get there before the sunset.

I looked over to where Daryl was looking over the map and Rick sighed as he stood up with Judith still in his arms to talk with Daryl.

"I can keep her warm," I told him and he looked down with uncertainty.

"You sure?"

I nodded. "We have a special bond remember?"

Rick let out a laugh as he bent down and handed her to me and she cooed as she immediately grabbed my hat and placed it on her.

The group let out a collective chuckle at the sight and my eyes smiled brightly at the young girl.