F I F T Y - O N E : R E V E L A T I O N

Nervousness courses through me as we grow closer to the prison, it's still nowhere in sight, but the scenery is getting familiar.

We're no more than fifteen minutes away.

Only fifteen more minutes apart from her.

This seven-hour drive has killed me, whenever we would stop for gas or supplies, I wanted nothing more than to hurry and just get home.

What if she's already dead?

What if they already had her funeral?

What if Rick or Sophia had to put her down?

"Daryl?" Michonne snaps me out of my thoughts and I look toward her.

"Wha?" I mutter and then notice we're stopped. "Why are we-"I'm cut off when I look in front of us and see a small cluster of walkers.

"Shit," I scowl. "We can't drive through them, there's too many."

Michonne scowls and puts the car in reverse as they grow closer.

"Maybe around?" Bob suggests.

"There's a ditch," I glare at him through the rearview mirror. "You want to turn over and take even longer to get this stuff to our people? Or are you only interested in your damn booze."

"Easy Daryl," Michonne whispers, hitting the breaks as more walkers appear behind us.

"Jus' go right through 'em," I mutter, we can't go around, it'd take too long and it is risky.

"They're too clumped up," Michonne sighs, shaking her head.

"Well then let's change that," I scowl and open the door, hurrying out to the outskirts of the trees.

"Hey, dick heads!" I shout, sending an arrow through the closest walker. "Over here!"

I dive into the trees, hurrying to a climbable tree that's high enough.

Soon the walkers begin heading my way, and I see the van drive through the remaining few, and I grin as the walkers pass the trees, clueless as to where I went.

I jump down and hurry back to the van, anxious to reach the prison and see her.

<>

The drive through the prison gates has never been more nerve-wracking then it has before, and I'm anxious to get out, my hand clutching the handle, waiting for Michonne to come to a full stop.

She skids to a stop, and I immediately hop out, clutching the medicine bag tightly, wanting nothing more than to run to her, make sure she made it out alive.

However, as soon as I'm about to head towards the cell block, I hear Rick call me.

I turn to him and my eyes widen as I see part of the fence is toppled over and walkers are spilling through the gate.

"Shit!" I scowl. "Lee! Take this to Hershel!" I toss the bag to him and being sprinting to the gate, loading my bow on the way there.

I do my best to hurry, shooting any walkers that get close, swinging at them once I run out of bolts.

I plunge my knife into the skull of a walker as it tackles Rick to the ground.

He nods at me and I hold my hand out, pulling him up.

Eventually, we clear the walkers that had brought down the fence and we quickly work on lifting it back up, with Maggie rushing up with another log and we used it as a support beam.