T H I R T Y - S E V E N : S T O R Y

"I should be out there with them," I repeated for the millionth time, looking out into the field. It was the morning; the sun had just rose and they weren't back yet.

"My dad wanted you here," Carl shook his head.

I looked down at him and sighed, tucking a piece of hair under my cap. "If they're not here within the next two hours I'm going out for them."

"No," Carl shook his head. "You can't leave us."

"Besides," I look back at Sophia. "I'm not letting you go."

"I swear," I look back out. "If he got them, if he's hurt them, I'm going to give him the most painful, worst death ever."

"They're fine, trust me," Maggie smiled at me.

"I hope so," I sigh and begin to walk back to the cell block when I hear the faint rumble.

They're back.

I can't stop the smile from covering my face and I run to the fence and help pull it open with Maggie and Glenn helping.

Daryl pulls in, Rick,Michonne, and Merle in my truck, and a bus full of people.

Survivors from Woodbury. I just hope they killed him.

I leave Maggie and Glenn to closing the gate after they give the clear and I hurry to Daryl, my eyes searching him for any wounds. None in sight.

"You're okay!" I crash into him, wrapping my arms around him.

He immediately hugs me back and nuzzles his head in the crook of my neck, earning a giggle from me. "I told ye I'd be back."

I stay there, not wanting to let him go in fear that I'd lose him.

"I love ye woman," he pulls back slightly so that our faces were inches apart.

"I love you Dixon," I grin and tilt my head up, standing on my toes.

I press my lips to his and he wraps his arms around my waist, kissing me back. I smile into the kiss and melt, our lips molding perfectly into each other.

"I got ye somethin'," he lightly pushes me back and I smirk up at him as reaches back into his bag.

"Is it a surprise?"

"Yes ma'am," he nods. He reveals the item from the bag and a smile covers my face.

"My bow!" I shriek and take it from his hands, running my hands over the material, missing it. "You got it for me." I grin up at him.

"It's yer bow," he shrugged. "I jus' wanted to make ye happy."

"I'm already happy Daryl," I say and bring him in for another kiss, kissing him passionately. "What would I do without you Dixon?" I smile, and pull back, keeping my hands locked behind his neck.

"I don' know what'd I'd do without ye."

"Let's go," I hear a familiar voice coming from the bus and I look back, unhooking my hands from his neck.

I turn my head around and look as the survivors from Woodbury pile out the bus, looking around the prison in shock, surprised on how we've managed to survive here.

"You guys saved them," I smile and rest my head on his chest, continuing to look at the people leaving the bus.

"We couldn't jus' leave 'em there," he rests his head-on top of mine.

Then an ever so familiar man steps out and looks around the prison and my heart drops as I recognize him. I recognize those features on his face, how his body is built, his eye color, his height, everything is the same.