T H I R T Y - O N E : S U B M I T

March 12, 2012

            They're out there right now. Daryl, Rick and Hershel are all out there with him. At the hands of my father. Rick ordered me to stay, and it's hard. I need to go out there, protect them from him, but I know it won't help. If he hurt them, I could never forgive myself.

            Enough with the depressing stuff, it's been crazy around here. Daryl kissed me, he confessed that he had feelings for me but I can't get my hopes up too high. What if something were to happen to him? I wouldn't know how to live, or what if I do something that pisses him off and he stops talking to me? I need to talk to him, figure out what we're gonna do.

            Yesterday Sophia went on a run, and I was a nervous wreck the whole time she was gone. I shoudlnt worry, she's ready, she's smart, she knows what to do, but I just can help but worry. Why? Maybe its just those mother instincts.

I hear a faint engine approaching and I smile.

They're back, sorry to cut this short. I'll go and see what happened, and I'll keep you updated. Hopefully I'll be back tomorrow.

I finish the entry and shove my journal in my bag, sprinting down the stairs. My hearts pounding by the time I reach the courtyard, scared that somethings happened.

Is he okay? Is Daryl hurt?

I catch myself releasing a breath I didn't realize I was holding when I see that he's fine. No scratches or marks.

"You're okay," I breathe out, walking to him as he parks the bike.

"I told ye not to worry," he shakes his head, avoiding my eyes.

"What happened?" I ask, realizing something happened. I look over to Rick but he quickly turns his head away, avoiding my eyes.

Daryl avoids the question. "Everyone inside," my head snaps to Rick, not helping my fears.

Fuck. What the hell happened out there?

We follow Rick inside and gather outside the cells. Rick stands in front of us, a look in his eyes that confirms to me that he was hiding something. His eyes fall on me before darting over to Michonne. I shift my weight, scared of what would come out of his lips.

"So I met this governor," He looks at me. "Sat with him for a while."

"Just the two of you?" Merle asks.

Rick nods.

Merle walks over, passing Glenn. "Should've gone when we had the chance bro."

"He wants the prison," Rick says, capturing our attention again. "He wants us gone. Dead."

Well duh. We're threatening his reign.

"He wants us dead for what we did to Woodbury," Rick mutters.

He pauses, the intensity lingering in the air, causing us to fall ever so silent. Then I hear the four words I was both dreading and wanting to hear.

"We're going to war."

Rick locks his eyes once more with me and I know there's something he's hiding. What did my psycho father tell him?

Rick looks over the group before sending a small nod and he leaves, leaving us in silence. I  turn my head, meeting eyes with Daryl.

"Can we talk?" I say, barely above a whisper.

His gaze lingers on me for a while before he sends a small nod and we walk out into the courtyard, side by side. When I collect myself, I stop and turn to him, folding my arms.