T W E N T Y - E I G H T : A N D R E A

"I'm here to clean that," I scowl, walking into the cell where Merle was.

Rick saw me punch him, and as soon as I stepped out he made me go back in there, as he had got a small cut. It's not a big deal, but Rick wants me to talk to him.

"Don't need it," he shook his head, fiddling with his metal stump.

"Well Rick made me," I sigh, sitting on a bench next to him.

I begin to clean away the blood, and he stares intently into me, examining me.

I ignore it and my eye catches a bible laying on the seat next to him.

"I didn't know you were religious," I scoff, continuing to dab the towel on his cheek.

I wasn't too religious. I was Catholic before, but after everything that happened, I hadn't actually sat down and prayed, and probably won't for a while.

He looks over at the bible and shrugs. "Never was, but it got boring after a while, and Woodbury had one damn fine library."

My eyes glisten at that. "I fucking love books," I laugh, my hatred for him slipping away for a few seconds. "Every time I'm on a run, I keep an eye for books, I try to collect them."

"Well, when we go back, you can go get some books," he says.

"I'm going to kill him," my eye hardens, thinking of my father.

He looks at me, fixing his posture. "When the governor returns, he'll kill me first, Michonne, my brother, Carl, the baby, Sophia, Glenn, and anyone who's left," he locks eyes with me. "He'll save you and Rick for last, so y'all can watch your family and friends the bloodiest death you can think of."

I shake my head. "You're wrong, he's not getting to anybody here. He doesn't get to destroy everything we have."

He chuckles. "You don't seem to understand who you're dealing with sweetie."

"I know damn well who I'm dealing with," I snarl, standing up.

"Which is why I'm going to do my damnest to make sure nobody gets hurt."

"You do what you want sweetheart," he smirks, licking his lips. "The Governor isn't one to lose fights."

"Well," I scowl, turning to walk out, looking over my shoulder. "Neither am I."

<>

I walk into the cell where Michonne was staying, seeing her sitting on her bed, sharpening her katana.

Her eyes meet mine, and she sends a light smile.

I sit on the desk next to the bed, looking at her as she continues sharpening her katana. "I still haven't said thank you, about you saving my ass."

She continues sharpening the knife, shaking her head. "You don't need to, I was just doing a nice thing."

"And doing nice things nowadays are hard," I sigh. "I don't know if I would have helped a group I hadn't met."

She looks at me. "You would, I can see it," she looks back down. "You saved Sophia."

"That was different," I shook my head, thinking of all those months ago where I took her under my wing.

"It wasn't different, just different circumstances," she puts the sword in her sheath, meeting my eyes.

"Thank you though," I shrug, standing up.

She meets my eyes. "I was just doing what's right."

I say goodbye to her, and walk out the cell, spotting Beth who was taking care of Judith on the perch.